Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin, this is a truly excellent thing you have done for us all. I listen every day!

One tiny observation, Duck Sauce were an act I had not heard of, but when I looked at their artist page, I saw that they made the very well known "Barabara Streisand". Any chance of adding that to the list?

Ta!

:) Cheers, glad you're enjoying it!

Duck Sauce aren't playing, as far as we know. That track is on there because it is (as the track name says) a Toddla T remix, that he's played live.

It's a bit of a quandary as to how to represent DJs(/producers/electronica artists etc) who often don't play much of their own stuff live, on this playlist. If I simply used the tracks they play most often that would give no idea which DJ plays it. But sticking to their own material wouldn't be most representative of their sets. So I've opted to include DJs' remixes of other people's stuff. If you look at where the Duck Sauce track is on the list, you'll see that it's sandwiched between Toddla T tracks (along with another remix). Same is true for DJ Pierre, Bondax, Horse Meat Disco etc

Hope that makes sense! Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) Cheers, glad you're enjoying it!

Duck Sauce aren't playing, as far as we know. That track is on there because it is (as the track name says) a Toddla T remix, that he's played live.

It's a bit of a quandary as to how to represent DJs(/producers/electronica artists etc) who often don't play much of their own stuff live, on this playlist. If I simply used the tracks they play most often that would give no idea which DJ plays it. But sticking to their own material wouldn't be most representative of their sets. So I've opted to include DJs' remixes of other people's stuff. If you look at where the Duck Sauce track is on the list, you'll see that it's sandwiched between Toddla T tracks (along with another remix). Same is true for DJ Pierre, Bondax, Horse Meat Disco etc

Hope that makes sense! Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Makes perfect sense. You are indeed a brave and noble knight, Sir Robin!

Well, loads already on there, but don't think I'm gonna get much work done today...

Ha ha! One of the first things that crossed my mind when I saw that the line up is out was, "Well, Brave Sir Robin's going to be busy today!"

Haven't added my support yet so thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work!

Middle and left columns from the poster added to Glasto 2014.

London Grammar aren't on Spotify, bizarrely, so I've used some 'tribute' cover versions. Also not much De La Soul on there (no clearance for the samples, I presume), but have scraped together 5 tracks they play live (well 4 really as there's two short versions of 'Saturdays').

Some really great stuff on there - if you can't find half a dozen acts you want to see I'd have to question your sanity. Obviously some not so great stuff too, but horses for courses...

All done - everyone on the lineup poster is now on the Glasto 2014 playlist. In poster order (middle column, left column, right column). And then all the TBCs/strong rumours in alphabetical order. The 5 songs each act has been playing live most over the past year or two (so far as possible).

Not much of Chance the Rapper's own stuff on Spotify, so 4 of his tracks on there are guest appearances.

For the Daptone Super Soul Revue, I presume it's going to be the same lineup as at SXSW, ie full shows from Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, Charles Bradley, the Budos Band, the Menahan Street Band and the Sugarman 3. I certainly hope so!

Thanks again!! The effort is much appreciated, currently got it playing!

Cheers Tom.

I've corrected the Daptone Super Soul Revue - Antibalas are playing and not Budos Band and Menahan Street Band - and added new self-confirmations/SRs Attila the Stockbroker, Band of Skulls, Jimmy Davis, Monkey Marc, Sam Smith, and Emilia Torrini to the Glasto 2014 playlist.

Good work Sir Robin. I'll be using this lots in the next 81 days!

Thanks for this Brave Sir Robin, just about worked out how to use spotify, looking forward to discovering new stuff ahead of Glasto now.

That's a big list, will spend the weekend listening to it, thank you

No worries guys, glad you're making use of it. Let me know if there's any way you think it can be improved. Moheetoes, Spotify is not perfect but it is generally pretty easy to use. Enjoy!

No worries guys, glad you're making use of it. Let me know if there's any way you think it can be improved. Moheetoes, Spotify is not perfect but it is generally pretty easy to use. Enjoy!

Cheers dude.

This is really great and getting more vast by the day.

Excellent work.

You've been getting a lot of props on Twitter for this ever since the eFest Twitter users thread started...dunno if you're aware.

Woffy