Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The CAN Project are on the poster - a Thurston Moore led band, featuring original vocalist Malcolm Mooney, performing CAN songs. There's a thread on here about it.

Ahh yes sorry - I just looked at Neil's line up list under C - never thought to check the poster or look under T! Thanks.

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

the Spotify playlist that I created with all the latest artists setlists, if anyone missed it

https://open.spotify.com/user/1247996851/playlist/3YC4EByT1Xw6SmXJ0pRoIf

Wow, there is finally a Glastonbury playlist longer than mine! :lol:

Great if you want to get fully into an artist. Of course the most recent setlist might not be representative. I think the approach of selecting the 5 most played songs over the past few months that I use for Glastonbury 2017 makes for an ideal length, but great that you've created another option for fuller immersion.

26 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Wow, there is finally a Glastonbury playlist longer than mine! :lol:

Great if you want to get fully into an artist. Of course the most recent setlist might not be representative. I think the approach of selecting the 5 most played songs over the past few months that I use for Glastonbury 2017 makes for an ideal length, but great that you've created another option for fuller immersion.

Yep, I created it for the days before, when you want to select one artist and explore his sets correctly :) Yours great too! I guess when the full lineup will be revealed\more bands I might reach the limit :lol:

Recent updates to Glastonbury 2017:

• Radiohead continue to mix it up. The playlist now begins with the only 4 songs to be played every show this year: the opening trio of Daydreaming, Desert Island Disk and Ful Stop, and You and Whose Army? (which barely featured last year).
  • Updated Father John Misty and Soulwax to include the tracks from their new albums
  • Updated CAN following The CAN Project's Barbican show (it's all Mooney-era stuff)
  • Re-added TBC Skepta (which means there are a couple of duplicates with Boy Better Know, sorry about that)
  • Added self-confirmations Carl Barat, Ward Thomas and Little Mammoths
  • Updated Real Estate

Avalon acts now follow the main poster (save for those who were on that first poster eg Birdy) on the Glastonbury 2017 playlist - about halfway down. As always it's the 5 tracks they've been playing most at recent shows (as far as poss).

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Just encountered my first Busted song already - cracking work!

Yeah sorry about that, not much I can do!! It did make me wonder about giving Avalon acts only 3 songs this year, but ultimately I left them with 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Glade acts added to Glastonbury 2017, after Silver Hayes (so about 2/3 down). A Tribe Called Red sounds as if it'll be a great show, and Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation impressed on first listen.

On 2017-5-8 at 7:57 PM, sabre-toothed tart said:

You are a superstar!  I love listening to this and finding new stuff.  Thanks for all your efforts.

Nice to hear, @sabre-toothed tart, you're welcome.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

I just want to add to all the other thank yous on this thread. The glasto17 playlist has been a great way to discover bands I now love who I'd never heard of a few months ago. And keeps the excitement building. If I bump into you at glasto you def deserve a drink. Thanks for your work on this.

Just one thing. As a big Billy Bragg fan, why no Billy?

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers @IanBelfast. Nothing personal against Billy, just that I hadn't got around to adding Left Field to Glastonbury 2017 - I've now remedied that. After the Glade, about 2/3 down.

Also added Sundara Karma following @dentalplan's spot.

Good on ya for doing this again! Really enjoyed it last year and have just added the 2017 version. Looking forward to diving in