Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added new TBCs Saint Etienne and Police Dog Hogan to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist. Not had time to do the ETC finalists (all now SRs) yet, as they take a bit of research.

I've added Bossy Love and Hattie Whitehead to my own personal playlist, I really like them both, and hope one of them wins.

Added the ETC acts to the playlist, so far as they're on Spotify (near the end, beginning with Bossy Love).

19 hours ago, stixmcvix said:

I've added Bossy Love and Hattie Whitehead to my own personal playlist, I really like them both, and hope one of them wins.

Bossy Love aren't for me but I agree about Hattie Whitehead, gorgeous folk in something of an early Laura Marling style. Impressed by Early Ghost's folkish rock too, the standard generally is very good.

If you like Whitehead also check out Billie Marten, who I've also added following @thurlow84's tip. A little more intense but just as good.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

52 minutes ago, Timberford said:

Please tell me you are using: http://static.echonest.com/SetListener/

What a strange comment. That link just creates a playlist of any one individual artist's most recent setlist from setlist.fm. It's nothing like this, which is a huge playlist of every Glastonbury act (including officially- and self-confirmed, TBCs & SRs), including the 5 songs each has played live most over the last 1-2 years (drawn from setlist.fm & other sources).

8 hours ago, Timberford said:

Yeah I thought it might help make it easier/quicker to curate your combined playlist!

I'd imagine in the last set each artist has played, will include the songs you want to include in your combined playlist!

Often but not always, and it's never just the 5 most often played songs, so it'd add cutting out the rest to the task. Copying individual songs from one playlist to another is more fiddly than just adding a song from the general Spotify library. It's working out the 5 most played recently songs which is the (slightly) time-consuming bit, and SetListener does nothing to help that. Nor does it necessarily use the best/most appropriate version of each song that's available on Spotify, so I'd have to check what it's chosen for each track. Thanks for the thought, but it's not for me.

On 30/03/2016 at 10:15 AM, defrio29 said:

Just wondering, why is there some Simon & Garfunkel songs, but there isn't any Joy Divisions? Love will tear us apart and Atmosphere has got to be there right?

The playlist features the songs each act has included in their set most over the past year or two. Art plays mostly Simon & Garfunkel stuff. New Order do regularly play the two you mention, but not as much as their own tunes that are on there. Hell, they don't even play Blue Monday at every gig, the idjuts!

However, I agree that LWTUA ought to be on there, and looking again, they have played it every gig so far this year, and every English gig last year (apart from one for 6Music), so I've added it to the playlist.