Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

All the Acoustic Stage acts now present and correct on the Glastonbury 2015 Spotify playlist. About halfway down, starting with Terry & Gerry. The Sunday lineup is really strong.

A reminder of what this little labour of love is about: a playlist of all the acts, by stage and running order, with the 5 that crop up most on each act's recent gig and festival setlists/tracklists (3 for those playing the smaller stages), updated regularly.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Added the William's Green lineup to the Glastonbury 2015 Spotify playlist, about 4/5 of the way down (stages are, or should be, in the order they are on the official site lineup page).

Some great stuff on there as usual, Phantom Band and East India Youth on the Sunday night, Furs as an indie opener on the Saturday and hadn't heard of Other Lives before but they sound great.

All the Acoustic Stage acts now present and correct on the Glastonbury 2015 Spotify playlist. About halfway down, starting with Terry & Gerry. The Sunday lineup is really strong.

A reminder of what this little labour of love is about: a playlist of all the acts, by stage and running order, with the 5 that crop up most on each act's recent gig and festival setlists/tracklists (3 for those playing the smaller stages), updated regularly.

Great work, very much appreciated. Makes checking out the smaller bands so much easier!

Good to hear Likearollingstone.

Added the BBC Introducing lineup (as far as poss), to the playlist at the end of Silver Hayes about 2/3 of the way down, beginning with Matthew & Me. Electro singer-songwriter Robyn Sherwell, Welsh indie-rockers Pretty Vicious and Sigur Ros-meets-Radiohead 'Field Studies' caught the ear on first listen.

Over 5,000 followers, blimey, wasn't expecting that!

Checked recent setlists and updated song selections for the Pyramid and Other acts.

It's a monumental effort mate and hugely appreciated by all of us. I've been shuffling through the playlist pretty much non-stop for the past three weesk and as a result there are at least 10 artists / bands that I will be trying to see over the five days that I previously had never heard of. I'm quite possibly even more excited than usual and a lot of this is down to your hard work, so thank you!

Edited by nikarg

It's a monumental effort mate and hugely appreciated by all of us. I've been shuffling through the playlist pretty much non-stop for the past three weesk and as a result there are at least 10 artists / bands that I will be trying to see over the five days that I previously had never heard of. I'm quite possibly even more excited than usual and a lot of this is down to your hard work, so thank you!

Cheers nikarg, good to hear! I've found a few new acts - mostly genres I wouldn't have considered a few years back. Not as many new acts as you or some others but I think in part that's because some other people's new gems are things I've found from the playlist in previous years - John Fairhurst the classic example - and in part because I'm a bit of a muso geek!

Thanks for this playlist - just put it on while working and the first thing that came on was "George The Poet", I'd never have gone near that description normally but think it is amazing....now I just need to figure out where he is playing and add it to the schedule....

Hi all,

I've been listening to this amazing playlist (kudos Brave Sir Robin) and came across Amir-John Haddad - some pretty awesome flamenco style he has going on. I've looked on the line-up and clash finder but can't find him anywhere. Anyone know anything about this?

See you all soon!

Ta.

Hi all,

I've been listening to this amazing playlist (kudos Brave Sir Robin) and came across Amir-John Haddad - some pretty awesome flamenco style he has going on. I've looked on the line-up and clash finder but can't find him anywhere. Anyone know anything about this?

See you all soon!

Ta.

He's playing with his band Balthazar. Dentalplan originally spotted it on his solo website so we thought it was him solo. I did remove him from the playlist a while ago, sorry if you're disappointed!

• 2 weeks later...

This year was the 'Spotify Glastonbury' for me - far fewer acts that I knew and loved than last year, but was still great because I had a load of stuff I'd found on Spotify from the playlist

Bare Knuckle Parade

Keston Cobblers' Club

Molotov Jukebox

Dubioza Kolectiv

Kuenta i Tambu

Alo Wala

George the Poet

Leon Bridges

Gregory Porter

This year was the 'Spotify Glastonbury' for me - far fewer acts that I knew and loved than last year, but was still great because I had a load of stuff I'd found on Spotify from the playlist

Bare Knuckle Parade

Keston Cobblers' Club

Molotov Jukebox

Dubioza Kolectiv

Kuenta i Tambu

Alo Wala

George the Poet

Leon Bridges

Gregory Porter

I went to see Gregory Porter too, as I'd quite enjoyed a couple of tunes on the playlist, but I found his live stuff a bit more jazz than soul for my tastes, so chipped off to the park.  Jealous you went to see Kuenta, they sounded good on the list too but I didn't make it.

I went to see Gregory Porter too, as I'd quite enjoyed a couple of tunes on the playlist, but I found his live stuff a bit more jazz than soul for my tastes, so chipped off to the park.  Jealous you went to see Kuenta, they sounded good on the list too but I didn't make it.

Actually managed to see Kuenta twice - as I ended up going into the Pussy Parlure on Sunday night... 

But then I missed Profetas twice - they clashed with DJ Yoda, and then Idlewild :(  - can't complain too much about clashes though...

can't complain too much about clashes though...

No, same.  I had this blooming long list of things that caught my ear from the playlist and once I started to put them onto the clashfinder it was clear I had to make some choices - that in itself was good though, that sometimes when you end up having been to a particular part of the site you can quickly find a follow up nearby.