Weather

Guest Mr Andre

The Park did get pretty muddy. We slept for a couple of hours then saw the Vodka Jellies in the Rabbit Hole before heading over to see Fatboy Slim. I left early (was rammed and I was really tired and couldn't be arsed) so went up to the Park with the intention of getting a cuppa and some food before bed. However it was so muddy and slippy that after a guy took my hand and led me down a safeish route to get out I gave up and went to bed hungry! (Little did I realise my son's bag was full of crisps and cereal bars!)

Rain is always going to put a bit of a dampener on things (pun intended) and I heard it rain a bit overnight which made my heart sink, but by the Friday morning the mud in the Park was a a lot easier to walk on and dried up nicely.

All i all, pretty damn good I'd say.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was genuinely pretty damn muddy in The Park on Thursday night. Really hard to walk around without slipping over, probably a couple of inches deep wet slippery stuff. Slipped over once and got caked in it. It dried out very quickly on Friday though.

Overall less muddy than some previous years but obviously not as good as 2010 or 2003.

JACKONE did well on the forecast. His upper estimate of rainfall total was about 10mm and that's about what we got. Just unfortunate that it was the upper estimate that was hit rather than the lower one!

I spent most of thursday getting hammered inside the beer tent next to the cider bus. Went back to the tent at about 6:30 for a lie down and woke up at about 8pm with a raging hangover! Managed to drag myself up to The Park to see what was going on and it was very slippy up there, and I just felt too crappy to do very much so called it a day.

The weather the rest of the week was glorious though, especially Saturday.

Told you it wouldn't be welly weather ;)

I headed back to the tent around 8pm on the Thursday, changed out of my mildly damp clothes, got some kip and we all got back out after midnight when the rain had stopped, having a great time that night at Arcadia and Shangri La before heading back at dawn.

Weather was at least an 8/10 this year for me. I still don't understand why some people were wearing wellies on Sunday.

My wellies stayed in the car and I was completely vindicated for it. I was watching Slamboree when it was raining at the Hell Stage in Shangri La and it really added to the atmosphere. The muddiest I saw was along the railway track and was sat on the grass by 2pm Friday.

IMHO that was the perfect weather. Warm at night, nicely hot during the day, good periods of sun, nice drying breeze to boot.

Well, in that case he interpreted the charts incorrectly didn't he. On Tuesday, he was predicting very little rain for Thursday. That obviously wasn't the case.

I didn't say he was a psychic, merely that it wasn't possible to predict the weather with any degree of accuracy more than a day or so beforehand. The facts bear this out.

He was forecasting much less than that the day before and even less the day before that. On Wednesday, most weather sites were predicting around 10mm for Thursday so he wasn't that special IMO. Also failed to predict how warm/hot Saturday would be.

Just goes to prove that you can't predict the weather in this country more than a day or so ahead.

He only reads the charts, and changed his predictions accordingly. As for temperature, he always said there was a big dispute on agreement on temps. The temps we got were the higher estimates. So all in all he got it completly right.

He does all the work for free so try not to sound like a dick

Edited by Ommadawn

And that is because the weather is very hard to predict.

Sorry but you're coming across massively ungrateful and very uninformed

Maybe before you keep mouthing off at someone who did us a favour you should check up on how hard it is to predict even tomorrow's weather exactly.

We left expecting a mostly dry festival with some rain over Thursday/Friday and that's exactly what we got. You just sound like a miserable jobsworth type who will whine unless it's perfect, which is impossible making you sound stupid.

Go be negative elsewhere and let us thank Jack and the others for their efforts even if they couldn't get you that moon on a stick

Edited by Ommadawn

What an extraordinary post. How exactly did he do us a favour? Did he actually arrange the weather for us? Don't be so stupid. I know how difficult it is to predict the weather - that's exactly my point so thank you for making it so well for me. The facts are he got the amount of rain we got on Thursday wrong (he admits that himself). I'm not criticising him - most other forecasts were wrong as well. It's just you seem to be building him up to be some great weather guru and quite simply he's not (which I'm sure he'll admit as well)