Do older people go to the Isle of White Festival?

Guest flushdraw

Hi,

Me, along with my parents usually go to Glastonbury as there is a good mix of age ranges there. Unfortunately, this year we were unable to get tickets. My parents were looking at the Isle of White festival lineup and seemed interested but they don't want to book tickets if it is mostly young people like Leeds/Reading & T in the Park etc.

Can anyone who's been please let me know if there are many 50+ people who go? How does the age ranges compare to Leeds, T in the Park, Glastonbury and other festivals?

Many Thanks

Rob :)

We went last year (group of four mostly 60-ish). Fair mix of ages and good line up. But I'd never go again - even if someone gave me a free ticket. Nasty corporate and the worst organised festival; I've ever been to.

The following week I was teaching a course in event management and I used it as a model for how not to run an event.

As you say, in fairness the weather. But they were totally unprepared for rain and the quagmire that followed - and really in this country not to prepare for rain is crazy. As a consequence vehicles got bogged down and when they called in the off road fans to help to them out I saw quite a few cars get wrecked.

I found the whole thing very corporate - not being allowed to take in your own booze but having to buy from their preferred partners stalls. Daily searches going in, stewards not knowing the layout themselves. Toilets not being emptied. I could go on.

Overall not a happy experience and not one I'd repeat.

I'd concur with grumpyhack, but it may of been more bearable if the weather held up, it seemed like organisational set up isnt that of glastonbury, and one entrance and underprepared car park and stewards were a reason not to repeat. On the original question. I'm in my 40s, didn't feel out of place, particularly because it seems lots of locals come in as families and do the day with picnics and chairs.. All very respectable, not all that rock n roll though... You need to do it and see it for yourself

• 2 weeks later...