The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

if you could report back on it that would be fantastic :)

Well it's arrived. Looks to be smaller than my old 4 man tent (Coleman Ridgeline 4), as in standing room for the central porch, and the hydrostatic head is 1500mm (old one was 2000mm) but at half the price...

Hoping to take a trip to Glastonbudget this weekend, depends on the weather and birthday plans not clashing. If I get there I'll post up next week.

Its gone down to £39.99! i had one of these in 2011 and it was amazing! I paid double that too!

I used Quidco code RDMAW to get 15% off as well. You have to spend over £40 to get this offer so got 2 Dynamo Cow Torch's (for some reason cheaper to get 2 than 1 - cost for 2 was 72p). Worked out cheaper thang writing something else for the free delivery

Edited by Welshie
  • Upvote 1

Bloody hell. That's fab value. I can confirm that Brasher Supalite boots are the dogs, and feel like wearing slippers. Ideal for the assault course that Glastonbury throws up.

In that case I think I'm going to get a pair of these, though I hate buying shoes online as my feet can't decide if they're a 4 or a 5. Might go see if they have them in store tomorrow.

I planned on taking wellies and boots as my feet tend to hurt if I wear the same shoes a few days in a row no matter how comfy. However the boots I have are Doc Martin steel toe cap work boots that I bought years ago to protect my feet at gigs! Though they are worn in and comfortable, they're quite heavy to walk around in all day.

Thanks for this, I've just reserved the last one in my local store for collection tomorrow. If the reviews are anything to go by then at £17 it should be a bargain replacement for the 24 year old Berghaus Cyclops Roc that I've used for every other festival I've been to (amongst other things!) but is now showing its age.

Thanks again!

This may be of some value to some of you on here

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=1500002951&productId=603358&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FProduct

Display%3FstoreId%3D10151%26catalogId%3D1500002951%26langId%3D110%26productId%3D603358&cmpid=COJUN&langId=110&referrer=COJUN&storeId=10151&_%24ja=tsid%3A11674%

7Cprd%3A5918295

Was 42.99 down to £17!

Cheers for this. Reserved!!

I put the seats down in my mini and took the wheels off (making sure i packed the tool to put them back on when i got there) The rest of the side collapse down so it goes pretty flat. Dragged my daughter around a couple of festivals with it. With some cushions and stuff, looked bloody good,

Nice one. I got a ten pound argos voucher from O2 this week so that's a free camping mat... happy with that.

I put the seats down in my mini and took the wheels off (making sure i packed the tool to put them back on when i got there) The rest of the side collapse down so it goes pretty flat. Dragged my daughter around a couple of festivals with it. With some cushions and stuff, looked bloody good,

Thank for info, I have ordered one. Hubby now working out how much cider he can put on it.

I've picked the one up that I reserved yesterday and didn't want to get my hopes up too much, but having just given it a once over this could possibly be the biggest Glasto bargain I've bought so far! Having already bought a new tent, sleeping bag, chair, torch, bum bag etc etc I had given up on getting a new rucksack this year due to the amount of money I've already spent, so this has come as a real bonus!

I'm off to stuff it full of kit now to see whether it can walk the walk.

Thanks again for the tip!

In Asda last night I bought an excellent little pocket size aluminium LED torch for only £2 that includes 3 AAA batteries (side by side; it's short and stubby rather than long and skinny) and has 9 really bright LEDs. It has an easy to find push switch in the base to turn it on and off, is fitted with a wrist lanyard and comes in a choice of colours including pink, yellow and green. It is advertised on the Asda website at £3.50 but only in white, so this may be an in-store special perhaps. Bargain!

Asda also has various other items of cheap camping kit in at the moment, including single airbeds for £8 and doubles for £10.

I've picked the one up that I reserved yesterday and didn't want to get my hopes up too much, but having just given it a once over this could possibly be the biggest Glasto bargain I've bought so far! Having already bought a new tent, sleeping bag, chair, torch, bum bag etc etc I had given up on getting a new rucksack this year due to the amount of money I've already spent, so this has come as a real bonus!

I'm off to stuff it full of kit now to see whether it can walk the walk.

Thanks again for the tip!

Thanks for the link, had an Argos voucher since Christmas so might get one of these. One left in my local Argos so reserved it to have a look.

No problem guys :)