The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

6 hours ago, FestiZebra said:

I bought this recently, and I found it really heavy and the metal bar at the back of it restrictive of putting my head back? Am I wearing it wrong, or am I just being a wuss? Considering taking it back but I got a really good deal on it so not sure if I will regret returning it if the other ones are very similar!

I'm 5'5 and the hip straps don't go small enough to sit comfortably as well :(

I'm about 5-6 inches taller so that might make a considerable difference to the fit as i've found it great to be honest and not really heavy (until i put 40 cans or so in it).

if it doesn't fit i'd advise you to send it back really. Get yourself to a camping shop and try a few would be my advice .

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Has anyone got any tips for decent money pouch/fanny packs?

Ideally I am after one that I could wear under my clothes which will go over my shoulder and rest under my opposite arm.

I bought one years ago mate specifically for Glastonbury but i've no idea where from. It never really got used for anything other than keeping my stash safe and was usually in the bottom of my day bag anyway. 

14 minutes ago, davidd said:

I bought one years ago mate specifically for Glastonbury but i've no idea where from. It never really got used for anything other than keeping my stash safe and was usually in the bottom of my day bag anyway. 

Have just ordered one from Amazon. Will see how good it is when it comes.

It might actually be a good idea to get a bag. We carried our beer in Netto bags last year.

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

Have just ordered one from Amazon. Will see how good it is when it comes.

It might actually be a good idea to get a bag. We carried our beer in Netto bags last year.

I just use an old rucksack 28l berghaus one that i've had since christ knows when. Fill it with booze,stash and shit for the day and head out about 10 for brekkie, get just enough in to last me until teatime'ish then repeat. 

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

Has anyone got any tips for decent money pouch/fanny packs?

Ideally I am after one that I could wear under my clothes which will go over my shoulder and rest under my opposite arm.

i got one similar to this a few years ago

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/lifeventure-body-wallet---chest-724-p.asp

On 30/05/2016 at 3:31 PM, kaytee... said:

I picked up three packets of these and usually write whats in them in marker pen. Don't wanna mistake the water for vodka again :D

Fella did that once at V was in boiling hot tent watching Chemical brothers and though he'd brought water ended up drinking neat vodka lol

3 hours ago, gluther said:

@eFestivals I don't suppose this trolley will be back in stock in time for the festival, Neil?

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

I can't tell you, as I don't have any direct involvement with the running of the shop.

Best bet is to email them at efestivalscamping@funkyleisure.co.uk and ask.

Trying to avoid carrying much on my shoulders this year and bumbag-ing it so bought this steel flask with a strap attachment. Not the cheapest but I could only find those neoprene bottle holders from overseas sellers so won't arrive in time.

Handy for reminding myself to drink water. Or gin :ph34r:

Screenshot_2016-06-06-21-10-11.png

8 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Trying to avoid carrying much on my shoulders this year and bumbag-ing it so bought this steel flask with a strap attachment. Not the cheapest but I could only find those neoprene bottle holders from overseas sellers so won't arrive in time.

Handy for reminding myself to drink water. Or gin :ph34r:

Screenshot_2016-06-06-21-10-11.png

Looks neat.  I've already got a Glastonbury water bottle on order otherwise I would've got one.  Gonna use a karibeaner to attach it to hoop on shorts / bumbag 

Would anybody please be able to recommend a good lightweight camping chair? I bought one of the cheap £10 ones last year and while it was more than suitable, it was an absolute biatch to carry, really awkward and kept digging into me!

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Would anybody please be able to recommend a good lightweight camping chair? I bought one of the cheap £10 ones last year and while it was more than suitable, it was an absolute biatch to carry, really awkward and kept digging into me!

Thanks.

There's a good discussion of lightweight camping chairs in here

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Tents Tents Tents. Arghhh. Stressing out now I've left it so late. Any good tents or deals on anywhere? Preferably a 4 man (or roomy 3-man).

If I was desperate for a tent quick, I'd get this bad boy. Just about perfect for two people with stuff, and a very useful big porch. Bit of a bargain at £60 

https://m.millets.co.uk/product/eurohike-avon-deluxe-tent/162607

• Upvote 1

Got a lovely rucksack from go outdoors yesterday, they had a few reduced. 

I got an osprey exos 38 reduced from £100 to £30.

looks perfect size to fit beer, vodka, waterproof and flamingos.

• Upvote 3