The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

19 hours ago, MissStarlight said:

I bought a bunch of these silver space blankets for last year's Glasto: http://www.firstaid.co.uk/HypaGuard-Compact-Foil-Blankets-PQ2023C/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Google+Shopping&utm_campaign=firstaid.co.uk+google+shopping&gclid=CLXej_C9mMwCFYMK0wodOnUJ-Q

I always get cold in the evenings, so I just kept one in my bag. Was easy to whip out when needed, and just like Chuck in Better Call Saul, I would wrap it round my upper body and put my jacket on over the top so people couldn't really tell - I just rustled a lot. Really good for stone circle and walks back to the tent in the small hours.

That's a great plan! I went to a New Years Eve party that culminated in a big outdoor display and the venue gave us all space-blanket-poncho things to keep us warm and dry. Might try and find a few of those as I could pop them over my whole outfit whether I'm cold or wet and still look jazzy!

On 15/4/2016 at 6:56 PM, VisionOfLove said:

Anyone seen/recommend any good tent deals? After a two or three manner cheap as possible without being a Tesco value sort? 

Halfords usually have deals on the various tents they stock, keep an eye out! Seen one last year that was a 6-man tent retailed at €200 that was selling for €50, but they somehow messed up the order as it was meant to come from the other side of the country and didn't get delivered to my local store

Anyone looking for a smallish tent that doesn't cost much in case it gets damaged, have a look in Lidl next week. 

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=32909

3-person, double roof tent for £29.99. I bought one a couple of years back when I went solo, and it was just right for a single air bed, rucksack and a few other bits. Even has a porch for your boots etc. The only minus is the pegs supplied aren't great, so probably worth spending a few quid on stronger ones. 

P.S. It may be cheap, but please take it home with you anyway. 

• Upvote 1

I got a Lidl one a few years ago and it was brilliant, lasted perfectly through several wet festivals. Ordered the Arpenaz XL posted previously but if I didn't, I'd get that one.

Halfords had 3-man Adventura 2000mm ones today for £35 i think, 6-man tunnel ones for £50 too i think.

Edited by ghostdancer1

51 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

For those that prefer to relax towards the back of relevant field, check this out!

https://www.eta.co.uk/2016/01/15/lamzac-pop-up-sofa-glamping-must-have-accessory-for-2016

In theory it looks great but think there are a few reality videos of people trying to "inflate" the thing by swinging it round like a mad man, taking pints and small children out in the process lol

Went to the lawn mower repair shop today to collect my now sorted mower and saw a pile of these.  Thought they'd make excellent water carriers for small quantities with a good spout so you can pour it accurately.

Will be painting the words "Drinking Water Only" on the side just to be sure.

6893ae71-6dbf-41a4-a388-9ffd00fd4d97_800

On 3 April 2016 at 4:51 PM, Chazwozza said:

This just arrived:

44215-GG-2.jpg?itok=VQpB4shK

It's good.  Very good.  V comfortable to carry with stuff in it.  Loads of internal pockety things and a keyring clipping thing.  Looks cool too.  Happy face...

Quick heads up - the blue version of this is currently on sale on their site for £27.50.  They look really good, although I've not tested it out full to the brim yet...

https://www.thehealthybackbag.co.uk/healthybackbag/44315-bb#slide-0-field_product_images-7968

On 19 April 2016 at 0:32 AM, spaniyell said:

I won't risk a festival without one of these now!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Megastore-247-Umbrella-Hat-Sun-Cap-For-Camping-Fishing-Hiking-Festivals-/351313849080?hash=item51cbefeaf8:g:usQAAOSweW5VSPfc

Combined with a poncho, it really takes the brunt of a downpour.

I have ordered two of these for me n a mate. She's worried about looking stupid!! As if haha

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Went to the lawn mower repair shop today to collect my now sorted mower and saw a pile of these.  Thought they'd make excellent water carriers for small quantities with a good spout so you can pour it accurately.

Vodka only surely

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

That could also do for night time needs - though would have to label that one appropriately, you don't want to get them mixed up 

Edited by buddiepaul

3 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

That could also do for night time needs - though would have to label that one appropriately, you don't want to get them mixed up 

I'm sure we're not the only ones who got the vodka and water bottles mixed up which certainly woke you up when brushing your teeth in the morning!

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm sure we're not the only ones who got the vodka and water bottles mixed up which certainly woke you up when brushing your teeth in the morning!

Mr Charm brushed his teeth with Sambuca last year, he was not very happy and supposedly it was my fault. 
Charm x

On 19/04/2016 at 7:51 PM, djdavejohnson said:

For those that prefer to relax towards the back of relevant field, check this out!

https://www.eta.co.uk/2016/01/15/lamzac-pop-up-sofa-glamping-must-have-accessory-for-2016

I really fancy one of these but can't justify the cost at the moment. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a lightweight but sturdy tent and a light self-inflating mat.

51 minutes ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

I really fancy one of these but can't justify the cost at the moment. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a lightweight but sturdy tent and a light self-inflating mat.

I like the thought of them but not going to get one myself, I'm far too active at Glasto for my own good and would feel like I was betraying myself if I put one of these to use!

13 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

This looks like a bargain. 
Charm x

http://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/113121-vango-trek-self-inflating-mat-standard.html

2 hours ago, davidd said:

I've got one of these, fantastic bit of kit and a revelation after using the shit foam ones for years.

i was gonna go for a blow up double mattress again this year but is this a smaller, just as effect option? And negates the need for a battery air pump?