lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

A mate of mine swears by the Anker brand, they're supposed to be good. I got this Breett one myself, have been using it for the last year or so and it's pretty decent, holds a good charge (more than enough to charge two phones) and you can always drop them off at a property lockup tent to get them recharged during the day when people aren't charging their phones too.

Can't give a practical review of it though, I bought it for last year's Glasto, charged it up the night before and forgot to put it in my backpack to bring it with me. Typical. Still, in use since then it's been great.

Anker gear is brilliant, so is the companies customer service, have shit loads of their stuff and none of it has let me down but if you register then they email you and let you know that any problems and they will sort it no quibble.

how big are these things? have always opted to just blow my bed up myself due to lack of space, but if they aren't too bulky i'll definitely be grabbing one

A tad bigger than 2 fists in size and the weight is almost all the 4 D batteries so pretty comparable to a foot pump. I took a foot pump last year and have no issues substituting this year, might even be a bit of a space saver.

Got a collapsible water bottle for £2 from Primark. It holds 5 litres and is pretty decent.

I've bee using for two days with water and no leakages.

I tried to attach a picture but i don't know how to do that :resent:

A tad bigger than 2 fists in size and the weight is almost all the 4 D batteries so pretty comparable to a foot pump. I took a foot pump last year and have no issues substituting this year, might even be a bit of a space saver.

sounds good! i've spent a silly amount of time blowing up my mattress with my mouth the past few years as i had zero room for a pump, but seeing as i'm going the trolley route this year this may be a good investment!

Hi guys, sorry if recently mentioned: Anyone know of any good quality travel John's for a good price? Never used before, gonna give em a go!

Hi guys, sorry if recently mentioned: Anyone know of any good quality travel John's for a good price? Never used before, gonna give em a go!

just use an empty 2 pint milk bottle or fabric conditioner bottle

just use an empty fabric conditioner bottle

This, smells better too

yeah

travel johns. literally search "travel johns". it's a brand.

just use an empty 2 pint milk bottle or fabric conditioner bottle

Mate the last two times I've been I've pissed in a massive empty water container and by day 3 or 4 opening that fucker and pissing in it absolutely stinks big time. Then if I have to empty it I don't wanna tip out a few litres of piss onto the grass by my tent, I'd go to the toilet to do it, defeating the point of my initial problem. Never used these travel John's they sound pretty good to be fair when you can't be doing with the walk or you're far too wrecked. Edited by Stokesy10

I believe the suggestion is that you'd use it in the night for emergency only, empty it in the morning at the toilets and return it to the tent, it's purpose being to save the dash in the night, not the journey altogether.

• Upvote 3

I believe the suggestion is that you'd use it in the night for emergency only, empty it in the morning at the toilets and return it to the tent, it's purpose being to save the dash in the night, not the journey altogether.

Perfect post.

Fair point :D

Good post. Remember the clean up crew go through all the rubbish left behind. Don't let them find your full bottles of yellow smelly pee folks!

Good post. Remember the clean up crew go through all the rubbish left behind. Don't let them find your full bottles of yellow smelly pee folks!

The is it cider/stale piss roulette doesn't sound like much fun for the recycling crew.

I bought some Travel Johns from amazon the other week. Not 100% on how they work but thought I'd give them a go. They sound magical.

I've used Travel Johns last year for first time, fab. Got them again this year for pee emergencies during the night.

I bought some Travel Johns from amazon the other week. Not 100% on how they work but thought I'd give them a go. They sound magical.

They work like super absorbent cat litter, but if that's not what you meant then you put your peepee in it and go, don't try and eat the contents...
  • Upvote 1

They work like super absorbent cat litter, but if that's not what you meant then you put your peepee in it and go, don't try and eat the contents...

Haha, I know the basics! Just don't understand how the science behind it works, but then that's the same for pretty much anything that involves any form of science. Fuck you Science!

Last year a group of blokes (my neighbours) left a 5 litre water bottle filled with pee at the bins next to our camp. Short while later the bin lorry came along and ran over said container which exploded, spraying a nearby camp (who were packing up and had all their kit in a nice pile) and their tents in urine. Group of about 12. 11 of them saw the funny side, 1 of them had a meltdown!! Not a good end to the festival!

Anyone got any links to some decent sleeping bags? Don't want to spend anymore than £15.00 and the cheaper the better, although I do want it to be half decent! thanks (i really cant afford anything more than this though)

Last year a group of blokes (my neighbours) left a 5 litre water bottle filled with pee at the bins next to our camp. Short while later the bin lorry came along and ran over said container which exploded, spraying a nearby camp (who were packing up and had all their kit in a nice pile) and their tents in urine. Group of about 12. 11 of them saw the funny side, 1 of them had a meltdown!! Not a good end to the festival!

Absolute scum that do that sort of thing, no better than animals.

Anyone got any links to some decent sleeping bags? Don't want to spend anymore than £15.00 and the cheaper the better, although I do want it to be half decent! thanks (i really cant afford anything more than this though)

I'm quite happy to be proved wrong, but you're not going to get a decent sleeping bag for £15 - new anyway. You might get lucky on an auction for an army arctic sleeping bag for that money, or a good quality used bag on gumtree or ebay. When doing your research keep an eye on the comfort ratings not the extreme ones. The extreme ratings just tell you you won't freeze to death but you probably won't sleep either. A sleeping mat, even a really cheap one (Lidl had them for £3 a few weeks back) will improve the warmth as you lose a lot of heat to the ground.