lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

looking at buying some electrolyte/rehydration salts (like diaorolyte but cheaper?) - does anyone have a clue on where to get these either in powder form to dissolve in some water or tab form to take in the event of / prevent dehydration?

sort of camping essential I guess if you're in a hot tent!!!

Forever hopeful?

looking at buying some electrolyte/rehydration salts (like diaorolyte but cheaper?) - does anyone have a clue on where to get these either in powder form to dissolve in some water or tab form to take in the event of / prevent dehydration?

Try these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-zero-electrolyte-drink-20-tabs/

They do normal ones and caffeine ones for those really bad hangovers.

One of us will have a pump. I'm sure I can get a flat one there?

I don't think Millets has been there again since 2010 but there should be other camping shops there - although it is a risk that they may not have airbeds

Just got this Rucksack for the other half

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-bobcat-65-rucksack-793000?colcode=79300016

Fairly decent brand so have more trust than some of the super cheap ones on Ebay and seems to have decent reviews - just need something that will last the trek to wherever we may be camping with Zips/ stitching etc. still intact!

I thought you said the price included inflation?

..it's the leather jacket on the left.

Top drawer that, absolutely t'riffic.

Edited by mjsell

This has probably been asked and answered a dozen times already but I don't want to trawl through 78 pages.
I have a MotoG with micro usb to usb cable for recharging.
I am on 02.
I have a usb charger for my vaporizer.
1 - Could someone recommend a portable charger with usb and decent power (more than one charge)
2 - What is the signal like for O2 on site (always been on Orange/EE previously).
Thanking you.

This has probably been asked and answered a dozen times already but I don't want to trawl through 78 pages.
I am on 02.
1 - Could someone recommend a portable charger with usb and decent power (more than one charge)
2 - What is the signal like for O2 on site (always been on Orange/EE previously).
Thanking you.

A mate of mine swears by the Anker brand, they're supposed to be good. I got this Breett one myself, have been using it for the last year or so and it's pretty decent, holds a good charge (more than enough to charge two phones) and you can always drop them off at a property lockup tent to get them recharged during the day when people aren't charging their phones too.

Can't give a practical review of it though, I bought it for last year's Glasto, charged it up the night before and forgot to put it in my backpack to bring it with me. Typical. Still, in use since then it's been great.

I am on 02.

Thanking you.

I have a second gen anker E5 16000maH, road test did approx 5 full charges including heat loss.

Cost £22 I think, I also have anker mini, pocket sized, one full charge for last minute emergencies.

I'll try to post a link if I can work it out.

I am on 02.
Thanking you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/

approx. 8 charges of a phone

depending on when you order it this one is your best value for money http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/?tag=efestivals-21

I got it for £19.99 but last week it went up to £28, £21 at the minute is pretty good

Yeah I just ordered this one, after comparing capacity to prices this comes out quite a way on top

Edited by mjsell

Can recommend this one - think it's the best value for your money at 25600mAh for under £20 (you'll need to buy something small to take it over £20 for free delivery though)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/25600mAh-3-Smart-USB-Smartport-PowerBank-Smartphones/dp/B00TDGC9WY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1434027345&sr=1-1&keywords=swees+power+bank

depending on when you order it this one is your best value for money http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SR5N5HU/?tag=efestivals-21

I got it for £19.99 but last week it went up to £28, £21 at the minute is pretty good

Change to colour to white and it's cheaper (nicer too?), but then as mentioned for other purchases, need to buy something else to take total to back over £20.

Change to colour to white and it's cheaper (nicer too?), but then as mentioned for other purchases, need to buy something else to take total to back over £20.

Argh how did I miss that.. oh well, probably saved me money in the long run as I would have spent tons on that something to take it over £20. Probably would have bought a laptop or something

Battery Powered Airbed pump in half price sale in Argos for 'bout £6.09 (minus batteries) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3400195.htm Is what i have got myself for this year.

how big are these things? have always opted to just blow my bed up myself due to lack of space, but if they aren't too bulky i'll definitely be grabbing one

how big are these things? have always opted to just blow my bed up myself due to lack of space, but if they aren't too bulky i'll definitely be grabbing one

Looks like it takes 4 D batteries so it must be reasonably big (and probably heavy). I'd stick to a foot pump, although you can't argue with convenience.

gah - just ordered the other one.

if it's not been despatched yet Amazon are normally pretty liberal with their cancelation policy

after the advice on the cooler box thread I got some space blankets from the pound shop. Hopefully stuff will remain cool for the duration

Are these any better than Berocca? Once you've had a pint of Berocca you're pretty dehydrated aren't you?

I prefer these to berocca. Hydrate better great for hangover. Usually put 2 tablets in a litre of water.. Works a treat and you quickly hydrate. Edited by Bernieray

Electrolytes Plus - 180 tabs for £8.49 which makes less than 5p per tablet and contain many times more electrolytes than most

Take a tab and 500ml water, works a charm. I often take two and a pint of water last/first thing on the basis I've probably been doing sod all but drinking for the late night and will be salt-deprived too. Should have taken them to work today tbh, was suffering a bit by the end

AMAZING find on the phone charger, that's a great a value