The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

For the hayfever sufferers Tesco have some decent stuff on the cheap.

Beaconase nasal spray £2.50

Optrex eye drops £2.50

Otravine nasal (sp?) £2

These are all usually round the £4 mark

They also have prevailin nasal spray for £3 I think. It's usually about £7-£10 and I really recommend it

I was looking for something waterproof to replace the coat which I first wore to Glastonbury 98, which safe to say absorbs water now.

Got this for 15 quid, tenner less than amazon, fraction of the full price, packs into a pocket with a twangy strap and even arrived within a couple of days.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mens-regatta-magnitude-iii-waterproof-jacket-14-99-delivered-regatta-ebay-2112446

My 1995 adidas waterproof finally gave way last summer at Glastonbury!

Yeah I myself got one for £45 the week before I saw that! Not going to return it as I really like the one I got and it was a good deal anyway (45 reduced from 95 for an 85 litre pack) but goes to show you don't need to spend hundreds on these bags as some of the 'known brands'.cost

The pack I've just worn out and replaced was a cheap 85 litre one I think it cost me about 25 quid......got it in 2008 for traveling round Australia-Lasted me all year being thrown around in hostels, a couple of holidays since, and the last 2 glastonburys and has only now had enough... Why give £150+ to berghaus etc when you don't really need to haha

Yup, I've bought one as well.(navy). I suspect it wouldn't be great for a walking holiday or serious backpacking but I only need it from car to tent at festivals.

For the hayfever sufferers Tesco have some decent stuff on the cheap.

Beaconase nasal spray £2.50

Optrex eye drops £2.50

Otravine nasal (sp?) £2

These are all usually round the £4 mark

They also have prevailin nasal spray for £3 I think. It's usually about £7-£10 and I really recommend it

I've got prevailin but it always seems to make me sneeze and then I just blow my nose and it seems the 'film' of prevailin in my nose is gone =(

I've just ordered this bad boy from Decathlon. We'll see what it's like when it arrives! Obviously as it's a rain jacket I won't need it but can never be too organised...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rain-cut-womans-turquoise-id_8302368.html

Edited by LynseyDiva

Almost done now just need a few last minute bits.

Getting the coach so going for a self inflating roll mat do these just roll up like a normal roll mat so i can attach it to my rucksack and save carrying?

Need a good cheap backpack and raincoat as well, as the ones I took last year weren't the best!

Any recommendations for any of the above will be massively appreciated ?

Almost done now just need a few last minute bits.

Getting the coach so going for a self inflating roll mat do these just roll up like a normal roll mat so i can attach it to my rucksack and save carrying?

Need a good cheap backpack and raincoat as well, as the ones I took last year weren't the best!

Any recommendations for any of the above will be massively appreciated ?

I posted a recommendation for a waterproof a page back - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mens-regatta-magnitude-iii-waterproof-jacket-14-99-delivered-regatta-ebay-2112446

There are quite a few more a couple of pages earlier.

There's also lots of talk of a cheap rucksack, but that may be larger than you're thinking?

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 1

I posted a recommendation for a waterproof a page back - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mens-regatta-magnitude-iii-waterproof-jacket-14-99-delivered-regatta-ebay-2112446

There are quite a few more a couple of pages earlier.

There's also lots of talk of a cheap rucksack, but that may be larger than you're thinking?

Cheers for that, my own laziness for not checking, that's a great find!

Yeah I have my main rucksack for coming into the festival. Just after a practical bag to carry in the day for cans / warm clothes etc etc. Not that we will need warm clothes during the 5 day heat wave :biggrin:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IP1OTOY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I bought this and so far have charged an IPhone 4 times as well as a windows phone. Cracking piece of kit

Edited by fluff164

The pack I've just worn out and replaced was a cheap 85 litre one I think it cost me about 25 quid......got it in 2008 for traveling round Australia-Lasted me all year being thrown around in hostels, a couple of holidays since, and the last 2 glastonburys and has only now had enough... Why give £150+ to berghaus etc when you don't really need to haha

There is that and I normally buy cheap unbranded things, but we were given Berghaus rucksacks as wedding presents in 1986 before travelling for 18 months. Mine has since travelled with me all over the place, has also endured about 20 festivals and will be celebrating it's 29th year by being carried shoulder high by me to Glastonbury in three weeks time.

I was looking for something waterproof to replace the coat which I first wore to Glastonbury 98, which safe to say absorbs water now.

Got this for 15 quid, tenner less than amazon, fraction of the full price, packs into a pocket with a twangy strap and even arrived within a couple of days.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mens-regatta-magnitude-iii-waterproof-jacket-14-99-delivered-regatta-ebay-2112446

Thanks! just ordered one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I mentioned this last year but for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen it (and sorry if it's been mentioned this year already).

The thin plastic tops you get on soft drink cups in junk food outlets and the pick 'n' mix cups in supermarkets will fit the paper cups that the Glasto bars serve drinks in. Handy for keeping your cider in your cup rather than pouring it in the mud grass as you walk around :-)

• Upvote 3

I mentioned this last year but for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen it (and sorry if it's been mentioned this year already).

The thin plastic tops you get on soft drink cups in junk food outlets and the pick 'n' mix cups in supermarkets will fit the paper cups that the Glasto bars serve drinks in. Handy for keeping your cider in your cup rather than pouring it in the mud grass as you walk around :-)

Brilliant!!

Next time anyone gets a subway, just nick a handful of these from the refil drinks bit.