The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I was just coming on here to say about Sports Direct! In the Stratford Westfield branch today I got a Lichfield head torch for £4, a Karrimor camping pillow for £3.99 and a Kartrimor giant soft fibre towel (the lightweight ones that fold down small) for £9.99.

They also had things like gaiters, walking boots, welly socks, picnic blankets, mess tins etc all on sale.

I was just coming on here to say about Sports Direct! In the Stratford Westfield branch today I got a Lichfield head torch for £4, a Karrimor camping pillow for £3.99 and a Kartrimor giant soft fibre towel (the lightweight ones that fold down small) for £9.99.

They also had things like gaiters, walking boots, welly socks, picnic blankets, mess tins etc all on sale.

Cheers. Will drop in there tomorrow / Saturday :)

New purchases arrived via amazon today ( though postie left the box on my doorstep- so good job I came home early at lunchtime as it may have "disappeared" otherwise!)

Seam sealer - 95p

Tent peg extractor- 29p

Powergen portable battery charger- 22.99

10l collapsible water carrier- 4.99

Bargain pack 18 Unisex travel john's - £15.99!!!

Edited by sedra

the promo runs for about 1 week from now.

(I can't give you an exact time it ends right now, it's sort-of tied in with the launch of the new efestivals website).

New efestivals site, new efestivals site! Why have i not been told before? :patsak:

New efestivals site, new efestivals site! Why have i not been told before? :patsak:

cos you've not been paying attention. :P

It's currently having a final live test, just on the mobile subdomain at the moment. I hope to put it fully live by Monday morning.

You can take a look by USING A COMPUTER (not a mobile, else you'll get the mobile site) and going to http://m.efestivals.co.uk

It's currently having a final live test, just on the mobile subdomain at the moment. I hope to put it fully live by Monday morning.

You can take a look by USING A COMPUTER (not a mobile, else you'll get the mobile site) and going to http://m.efestivals.co.uk

That looks very flash, nice one

Any promos/discounts due on the gelert sleeping pods?

(Cheeky bastard)

I blagged one off ebay for £15, never been used.

Like this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gelert-Sleeping-Pod-/221222765475?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SleepingBags_SM&hash=item3381e783a3#ht_310wt_1141

Edited by jeffie

Responsive Design! I am fully aware it is a sad thing to be excited by, but RESPONSIVE DESIGN!

Responsive Design! I am fully aware it is a sad thing to be excited by, but RESPONSIVE DESIGN!

it's actually something I personally hate. :lol: ... I want to get what I ask for, not what someone else has decided for me.

But I took soundings from lots and lots of different people of lots of different ages, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favour of responsive design. So that's what you're getting.

Have you used one yet. Have read a few reviews where people have said they're not that warm, but they say 2 - 3 seasons so surely that's fine. (I'm not planning on camping in Alaska any time soon).

I've not used it in anger, but did try it for size (roomy) and it seems pretty warm.

it's actually something I personally hate. :lol: ... I want to get what I ask for, not what someone else has decided for me.But I took soundings from lots and lots of different people of lots of different ages, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favour of responsive design. So that's what you're getting.

Go on, what's Responsive Design?

• Upvote 1

Go on, what's Responsive Design?

where the website version you get is dependent on the device you use to view that website - so a phone gets the mobile version and a desktop computer gets the full version.

(There's actually also a tablet version in the new efestivals, which is mostly like the mobile version but with a bit extra graphical content).

there's a 25% discount available on inflatable tents at the eFestivals Camping Store. :)

Use the promo code 'PUMPITUP'

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/index.asp?function=SEARCH&search=inflatable+tent

(there'll be another promo next week :))

I want one, hopefully the offer is still on by the time i can afford it :)

the 25% discount on the inflatable tents runs until midnight on Sunday 19 May, I've just found out.

I hope that helps.

where the website version you get is dependent on the device you use to view that website - so a phone gets the mobile version and a desktop computer gets the full version.(There's actually also a tablet version in the new efestivals, which is mostly like the mobile version but with a bit extra graphical content).

I hate it too. But you get mahoosive points from me for retaining the 'see full version' link on the mobile page it chucked me to. Aces.

Have you used one yet. Have read a few reviews where people have said they're not that warm, but they say 2 - 3 seasons so surely that's fine. (I'm not planning on camping in Alaska any time soon).

I have one!...I've used at Glastonbury 11 and Reading 12.....It's fine, i plenty warm all night and the extra space is a godsend!

One of the main complaints I've seen about the Gelert Pod is that it's not that suitable for tall people - so after some searching, I ended up buying a Vango Cocoon which is the same kinda thing but a bit longer.

Vango offer it in a couple of weights, so you can get a warmer version if required.

WRT the sleeping pod. I had read about the length and warmth issues so I went for the Muscovy/beyond version of the xl gelert sleeping pod which apparently is slightly warmer than the standard xl (no idea if this is true but figured it can't hurt to try).

I'm 6ft and I can stretch all the way to end of the xl bag and the sleeping bag still covers me. Havent actually slept in it yet but it is nice and roomy inside.

Edited by dcsessions