The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

21 hours ago, evilduck said:

I've got one of the above helinox knockoffs, and it was a godsend last year. A bit tricky to put up at first, but you soon get the hang of it. Top tip is attach the material to the shorter legs first, as the longer ones have more flexibility. I had to put squashed beercans under the legs to stop it sinking into mud, but hopefully we won't have that problem this year!

I keep hovering over the 'buy' button on these from amazon, but delaying the purchase until more certainty on weather. If the good weather does hold out then I'm happy sitting on the ground. But if there is potential for it to get muddy then I want one - lesson learned last year! I'm gonna hold out until the weekend I think 

On 6/14/2017 at 7:58 PM, freakifrank said:

Interested to know if you think it's really 3 season and if measurements are accurate?

Measurements seem about right, I'm pretty happy with it!. I wouldn't say it's a 3 season bag though but it's ideal for summer festival purposes and it packs up to be absolutely tiny.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so the festivals a little time away but ive just purchased these from local asda  for £1.20each  I know the capacity is not very big ... but I will be using them for other things ... and buying one will help top up mobiles usually around £8 for that capacity on amazon 

IMG_4054.jpg

Hello crazyfool1,

I don't mind admitting that I'm behind the times when it comes to gadgets, but in this instance, I can't even make out the writing on them, which presumably tells you what they are. I'm as equally in the dark by viewing the gadgets themselves, as I simply don't know what the fuck they are. I'll  also admit that it did cross my mind, at one point, that you had bought a job lot of strap ons. 

As an aside, I once tried to sell, what in the old days were called marital aids but are now called sex toys, on ebay. Don't get me wrong, they weren't used ones. They were all packaged up etc and straight from the manufacturer. Anyway, my venture lasted less than an hour, before ebay brought the page down. They went on to tell me that people needed a special licence from them to sell that kind of product. I couldn't be arsed pursuing it because I reckon it would have cost a bundle, and that the people already at it on ebay would probably have the market sewn up. 

I also once walked in to a sex shop and bought a complete rubber lower arm, the hand of which was clenched together tightly in to a shape ideal for fisting someone. But that's another story entirely.....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazyfool1,

I don't mind admitting that I'm behind the times when it comes to gadgets, but in this instance, I can't even make out the writing on them, which presumably tells you what they are. I'm as equally in the dark by viewing the gadgets themselves, as I simply don't know what the fuck they are. I'll  also admit that it did cross my mind, at one point, that you had bought a job lot of strap ons. 

As an aside, I once tried to sell, what in the old days were called marital aids but are now called sex toys, on ebay. Don't get me wrong, they weren't used ones. They were all packaged up etc and straight from the manufacturer. Anyway, my venture lasted less than an hour, before ebay brought the page down. They went on to tell me that people needed a special licence from them to sell that kind of product. I couldn't be arsed pursuing it because I reckon it would have cost a bundle, and that the people already at it on ebay would probably have the market sewn up. 

I also once walked in to a sex shop and bought a complete rubber lower arm, the hand of which was clenched together tightly in to a shape ideal for fisting someone. But that's another story entirely.....

its ok im not promoting sex toys on efests ... thats for my other site :) ..  they are mobile phone battery chargers ... and not amazingly good ones .. but a very cheap price ... i don't know how but when adding the photos it seemed to give a mirror image when I  rotated the image .. my error ... they are 2000mah which is enough to 75% charge an iPhone or similar (handy for a top up ) and light enough to be carried about .

if you do decide to try them as a sex toy .. let me know the result ( reckon it might be a tad painful ) 

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It may be another story entirely but we've got 20 months to fill between now and the festival. Crack on.

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its ok im not promoting sex toys on efests ... thats for my other site :) ..  they are mobile phone battery chargers ... and not amazingly good ones .. but a very cheap price ... i don't know how but when adding the photos it seemed to give a mirror image when I  rotated the image .. my error ... they are 2000mah which is enough to 75% charge an iPhone or similar (handy for a top up ) and light enough to be carried about .

if you do decide to try them as a sex toy .. let me know the result ( reckon it might be a tad painful ) 

Thanks for replying and the explanation of what they are. 

I don't think they'll work as a sex toy on my arse though. It would appear that I can only achieve satisfaction via a boxing glove lashed to the end of a Kango demolition drill!

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It may be another story entirely but we've got 20 months to fill between now and the festival. Crack on.

I see where you are coming from. I've been on here during a fallow year, and agree that the telling of stories will help.

In connection with the above, I will tell the tale of the rubber arm with clenched fist at the end. It occurred because one of my female friends is in to S & M (BDSM) and once went to see a public fisting in the upstairs function room of a pub in the centre of Birmingham. I happened to be drinking in a gay bar that Sunday afternoon in the city centre , left the bar, and saw her stopped at the traffic lights in her campervan, sporting a military type uniform and a hat which looked similar to this;

Image result for s & M hats

I went on to ask her what she was wearing, but then the lights changed, and so I didn't get a response as she had to drive off. When I met her at a later date I asked her again what she'd been up to wearing that kit. She explained that she'd been to her first S & M meeting in a pub and that the main act was to watch somebody being fisted. What she hadn't expected was that the person in the pub to be fisted would ask for a volunteer to fist him. The moment he asked, she put her hand up (perhaps the wrong expression) to express her interest, and was duly chosen. So, she was asked to sit on an office chair on the dance floor area, the bloke went over to her, and she put her fist up his arse. What she hadn't expected was that he would then run around the dance floor, dragging her behind him, with the little wheels on the office chair spinning along nicely. She was almost in tears of laughter of laughter whilst regaling this story to me.

Well, quite rightly, this story stuck in my mind. So, when it came to her 40th birthday celebrations me and our other pals were thinking of presents to buy her. We had booked the rather nice Millcombe House on Lundy Island to celebrate her birthday, and were to bring our wet suits as we were going to go and swim with the seals. Well, this got me thinking. As we were all recently qualified divers I thought that it would be nice if we all chipped in and bought her her first dive computer, which everyone agreed to do. Then when I was in town one day (as that was where my work was based) I walked past a sex shop and noticed that there was this rubber arm / fist on sale and that it was dramatically reduced in price. I made the immediate decision to go in and buy it, and run it by everybody else later. So, I bought the arm / fist and knew that it would be the ideal prop for putting the wrist held dive computer on, which we did. I covered up the dive computer with coloured tissue paper so that it couldn't be seen. Then I wrapped the whole rubber lower arm and fist up with normal wrapping paper. Anyway, we get to the house on Lundy and she opens a whole load of presents, which she was very happy with. Then lastly she opened up the fist present. She burst out laughing when she opened it up, and knew where the joke lay. She was actually delighted with it. Then we told her to unwrap the coloured tissue, which she did, and saw the main present, which was the dive computer. She was over the moon, as in seriously over the moon. We had done our job, and we had done it well.

As an aside, I brought £150 worth of magic mushrooms to the island with me for everyone to share, if they so wanted to indulge. Everybody bar one couple took them. And that leads us on to another story. Can't tell it now, because I haven't got the time. May do so at a later date - just to help you kill the time. 

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I see where you are coming from. I've been on here during a fallow year, and agree that the telling of stories will help.

In connection with the above, I will tell the tale of the rubber arm with clenched fist at the end. It occurred because one of my female friends is in to S & M (BDSM) and once went to see a public fisting in the upstairs function room of a pub in the centre of Birmingham. I happened to be drinking in a gay bar that Sunday afternoon in the city centre , left the bar, and saw her stopped at the traffic lights in her campervan, sporting a military type uniform and a hat which looked similar to this;

Image result for s & M hats

I went on to ask her what she was wearing, but then the lights changed, and so I didn't get a response as she had to drive off. When I met her at a later date I asked her again what she'd been up to wearing that kit. She explained that she'd been to her first S & M meeting in a pub and that the main act was to watch somebody being fisted. What she hadn't expected was that the person in the pub to be fisted would ask for a volunteer to fist him. The moment he asked, she put her hand up (perhaps the wrong expression) to express her interest, and was duly chosen. So, she was asked to sit on an office chair on the dance floor area, the bloke went over to her, and she put her fist up his arse. What she hadn't expected was that he would then run around the dance floor, dragging her behind him, with the little wheels on the office chair spinning along nicely. She was almost in tears of laughter of laughter whilst regaling this story to me.

Well, quite rightly, this story stuck in my mind. So, when it came to her 40th birthday celebrations me and our other pals were thinking of presents to buy her. We had booked the rather nice Millcombe House on Lundy Island to celebrate her birthday, and were to bring our wet suits as we were going to go and swim with the seals. Well, this got me thinking. As we were all recently qualified divers I thought that it would be nice if we all chipped in and bought her her first dive computer, which everyone agreed to do. Then when I was in town one day (as that was where my work was based) I walked past a sex shop and noticed that there was this rubber arm / fist on sale and that it was dramatically reduced in price. I made the immediate decision to go in and buy it, and run it by everybody else later. So, I bought the arm / fist and knew that it would be the ideal prop for putting the wrist held dive computer on, which we did. I covered up the dive computer with coloured tissue paper so that it couldn't be seen. Then I wrapped the whole rubber lower arm and fist up with normal wrapping paper. Anyway, we get to the house on Lundy and she opens a whole load of presents, which she was very happy with. Then lastly she opened up the fist present. She burst out laughing when she opened it up, and knew where the joke lay. She was actually delighted with it. Then we told her to unwrap the coloured tissue, which she did, and saw the main present, which was the dive computer. She was over the moon, as in seriously over the moon. We had done our job, and we had done it well.

As an aside, I brought £150 worth of magic mushrooms to the island with me for everyone to share, if they so wanted to indulge. Everybody bar one couple took them. And that leads us on to another story. Can't tell it now, because I haven't got the time. May do so at a later date - just to help you kill the time. 

Little late to this party as on holiday but thanks @Yoghurt on a Stick That's a great tale!

:lol::D

8 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Little late to this party as on holiday but thanks @Yoghurt on a Stick That's a great tale!

:lol::D

No worries semmtexx. All part of the service. Did you have a nice holiday  /  where did you go? I have this hankering to go on holiday, but know that I have to use that money elsewhere, and in a more long term constructive manner. 

I've got one of those fists too! Beautiful, they really are. I was on a lads weekend in Amsterdam a good 15 years ago, four of us drinking/smoking/etc etc. I'm sure you can imagine the scenes. Anyways, in the red light district was a little sex shop right next to one of the bars, and we'd noticed a fist in the window. 

It fascinated us. We'd walk past and visit it, and then on the last night we clubbed together and bought it. He's been a beautiful souvenir ever since! I'm seriously considering spraying him (him, he's a him, he's called fisty funnily enough) gold and treating him as a World Cup replica. He's latex so he'll need a bit of prep, but I'm game 

Edited by balti-pie

11 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I've got one of those fists too! Beautiful, they really are. I was on a lads weekend in Amsterdam a good 15 years ago, four of us drinking/smoking/etc etc. I'm sure you can imagine the scenes. Anyways, in the red light district was a little sex shop right next to one of the bars, and we'd noticed a fist in the window. 

It fascinated us. We'd walk past and visit it, and then on the last night we clubbed together and bought it. He's been a beautiful souvenir ever since! I'm seriously considering spraying him (him, he's a him, he's called fisty funnily enough) gold and treating him as a World Cup replica. He's latex so he'll need a bit of prep, but I'm game 

Give it a couple of coats of a water based or acrylic primer, and it should be good to be sprayed gold. You'll probably get the primer and gold paint in Poundland. So, for £2 you've got yourself a World Cup replica. My friend keeps hers on her fireplace ie. the most prominent position that you could possibly get in a house.

• Upvote 1

On 24/10/2017 at 9:10 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No worries semmtexx. All part of the service. Did you have a nice holiday  /  where did you go? I have this hankering to go on holiday, but know that I have to use that money elsewhere, and in a more long term constructive manner. 

Hey Yog! Again, a little late as not much internet ('cept roaming which = a bit pricey!). I'm on a beach in San Remo, Italy. Near to France. It's lovely, 22 degrees and sunny. Not wanting to go back to work, but recognise lucky enough to have a job that let's me come here in the first place!

8 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Hey Yog! Again, a little late as not much internet ('cept roaming which = a bit pricey!). I'm on a beach in San Remo, Italy. Near to France. It's lovely, 22 degrees and sunny. Not wanting to go back to work, but recognise lucky enough to have a job that let's me come here in the first place!

Hello semmtexx, 

Yes, it's good to get away. If I had my time again then I'd have done a lot more travelling in my youth - instead of going on the lash at every available moment. You live and learn. 

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello semmtexx, 

Yes, it's good to get away. If I had my time again then I'd have done a lot more travelling in my youth - instead of going on the lash at every available moment. You live and learn. 

Wish I'd done more travelling in my youth too! Did a bit of back packing. Loved it. Was worried about not having enough cash but I now recognise I should have just gone and done it and done it cheaply as now job/too many commitments stop me. As you say, live and learn.

Still - no moaning - as I'm very lucky and privileged enough to be able to go on holiday in a world where many need food banks. 

25 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Wish I'd done more travelling in my youth too! Did a bit of back packing. Loved it. Was worried about not having enough cash but I now recognise I should have just gone and done it and done it cheaply as now job/too many commitments stop me. As you say, live and learn.

Still - no moaning - as I'm very lucky and privileged enough to be able to go on holiday in a world where many need food banks. 

Yeah, I wasn't moaning myself - if anything I was 'putting it out there on the chance that it might register with somebody. I always encourage travel to younger people. Maybe I shouldn't, but I do.