The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

So cross I didn't see this until it had gone up to £20!  Those of you who have got one - is it worth £20?  Well £26 including postage!

Yep worth it. Hoodie is pretty good quality and the light up bits awesome. Dont think it would survive a wash very well though. 

5 minutes ago, morph100 said:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wholesale-Light-Up-Flashing-Teeth-Multicolour-LED-/191975187008?varId=491450971309

bulk buying nonsense to give out to random strangers? This could be a winner...

Tempting! But quite pricey. I've ordered 100 of these to give out to people. 

IMG_6257.JPG

Edited by semmtexx

2 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Where from? I'm getting pressured into flamingos again from the Twitter flock :-)

Off ebay. Give me two secs and I'll find the seller. 

Edit.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112127256117 

Would have to order quick as coming from China. 

Edited by semmtexx

3 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Yep worth it. Hoodie is pretty good quality and the light up bits awesome. Dont think it would survive a wash very well though. 

You're supposed to take the lighting bit out for a wash though right? Haven't worked out how yet, just remember it said that on the website.

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You're supposed to take the lighting bit out for a wash though right? Haven't worked out how yet, just remember it said that on the website.

Think it's just the power pack. Theres a little clip on the wires. I'll see how well it survives the festival first before attempting to wash it

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

As @squirrelarmy says that's just the power pack. You can't take the wire out as it's sewn in. More than likely it'd survive a gentle wash but not very many I'd have thought. The el wire (the light up part) is fairly fragile. 

Edited by semmtexx

18 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

As @squirrelarmy says that's just the power pack. You can't take the wire out as it's sewn in. More than likely it'd survive a gentle wash but not very many I'd have thought. The el wire (the light up part) is fairly fragile. 

I was wondering about washing it as well. Hand wash, rather than machine?

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Think it's just the power pack. Theres a little clip on the wires. I'll see how well it survives the festival first before attempting to wash it

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Ah I see. Hand washing a hoodie would be a right ballache so will probably try a gentle machine wash... I want it to survive Glasto and Supernormal in August and it'll definitely need a wash post Glasto...

2 hours ago, duke88 said:

I was wondering about washing it as well. Hand wash, rather than machine?

Probably worth a go but, if I'm honest, I'm a bit Darwinian about it. If it survives, all good, if not, oh well! 

55 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah I see. Hand washing a hoodie would be a right ballache so will probably try a gentle machine wash... I want it to survive Glasto and Supernormal in August and it'll definitely need a wash post Glasto...

Defo a Ballachulish (hmm that's what autocorrect did for ballache, wonder what a Ballachulish is?). Think I'd try a gentle wash and let it dry out completely before connecting the power. I'll see if there are any washing instructions and post back. 

Edited by semmtexx

3 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Defo a Ballachulish (hmm that's what autocorrect did for ballache, wonder what a Ballachulish is?). Think I'd try a gentle wash and let it dry out completely before connecting the power. I'll see if there are any washing instructions and post back. 

It is village on the A82 on the way to Fort William

On 5/12/2017 at 7:52 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Personally I'd say it's just about worth it. What would a hoodie normally set you back? About that much? The bargain factor did sway me though.

Well mine usually come from Primark or similar so about £7!  :lol:

1 hour ago, magliad said:

At bestival last year we used a phone charging service (was called music Angel) is there anything similar at Glastonbury? 

buy a £20 anker power bank from amazon. Once converted you will never go back to queing or paying for it. 

this will charge a smart phone approximately 5-6 times and will cover you for the whole festival.

You can re-use every festival you got to and charge on the move etc.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

buy a £20 anker power bank from amazon. Once converted you will never go back to queing or paying for it. 

this will charge a smart phone approximately 5-6 times and will cover you for the whole festival.

You can re-use every festival you got to and charge on the move etc.

Perfect - thanks mate:)

Amazon seem to have lightning deals on some power banks over the last few days
Got a Anker 20,100mah one yesterday for 23 pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And a Aukey 12,000mah one just now for 10 pounds (Still available at 10 pounds for another hour or so)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G18GZMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Those two paired with my old Anker 13,000mah battery should keep the girlfriend able to snapchat all weekend long 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, padraig61091 said:

Amazon seem to have lightning deals on some power banks over the last few days
Got a Anker 20,100mah one yesterday for 23 pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And a Aukey 12,000mah one just now for 10 pounds (Still available at 10 pounds for another hour or so)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G18GZMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Those two paired with my old Anker 13,000mah battery should keep the girlfriend able to snapchat all weekend long 

Great spot, I was considering buying a second power bank at the festival if needed to make sure I have phone juice for the journey home. Those power banks were over £13 last year. Now I can use my 20k one during the festival knowing what ever happens I will have the reserve powerbank to charge my phone and get train times/taxis/etc after the festival.

This isn't strictly Glastonbury related but if anyone's into trail running I've just picked up a pair of these at 50% off:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/salomon-xa-lite/

I may use them for glasto if the weathers nice (which is will be), otherwise they're coming with me travelling later this year.

2 hours ago, StevieMcK said:

I bought 100 of them last year.  The smile on random folks faces, when we gave them a couple in Shangri-la was priceless! :)

Yes I'm really looking forward to seeing the reactions!

35 minutes ago, alien said:

This isn't strictly Glastonbury related but if anyone's into trail running I've just picked up a pair of these at 50% off:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/salomon-xa-lite/

I may use them for glasto if the weathers nice (which is will be), otherwise they're coming with me travelling later this year.

Running :D