The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

33 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah mine has come today as. Strangely I'm actually glad I went for the size up (I'm somewhere in between so it's not that big of a change). Mine is baggier though, which I don't actually mind. So basicallly it is normal sizing everyone! And definitely adult. 

As for the the power button duke, mine doesn't need to be held down. It has three settings that you can click through with each press - always on, slow flash, fast flash.

for effectively a tenner I think it's awesome

Oh my god did not realise it had three settings! :D

How thick is it? Could you actually wear it for warmth? Rescheduled my delivery to Friday when I'm home.

7 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Might seem an odd suggestion when people are talking clothes.  But I can't recommend highly enough a box or two of Chocolate Brownie Mini Bites from ASDA.  They take the taste of the night before away like nothing else and are a good start with a cup of coffee.

5051413846315_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

The night before?

I would have eaten all those before I made it through the gate!

44 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh my god did not realise it had three settings! :D

How thick is it? Could you actually wear it for warmth? Rescheduled my delivery to Friday when I'm home.

Yeah it's thick. Definitely enough for a clear skied, cool summers evening. 

The hood is my only complaint. Very pointy, makes you look a bit like a gnome, but that'll be why it cost a tenner I guess

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Yeah it's thick. Definitely enough for a clear skied, cool summers evening. 

The hood is my only complaint. Very pointy, makes you look a bit like a gnome, but that'll be why it cost a tenner I guess

Ah good to hear. Wasn't sure if I'd need to bring another one for warmth and all.

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

Yeah mine has come today as. Strangely I'm actually glad I went for the size up (I'm somewhere in between so it's not that big of a change). Mine is baggier though, which I don't actually mind. So basicallly it is normal sizing everyone! And definitely adult. 

As for the the power button duke, mine doesn't need to be held down. It has three settings that you can click through with each press - always on, slow flash, fast flash.

Great, it is faulty then! Grrr!!! Glad yours is ok though! I'll have to email them, hopefully it will just mean they need to send a new battery pack. Or I might try it with some new batteries, I just stuck in the old ones from the remote. It is good for a tenner though, if it worked!

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Spent the last 30 minutes looking at this site.

http://www.glow.co.uk/flashing-novelties.html

Strongly considering many of these.

I'm considering all of them, also possibly buying 100 rainbow glasses to give out to random people instead of flamingos.....hummmm

There's 20% off mountain warehouse today, using code hurry20 I actually found another one too Lake think that will be valid longer.

I ordered a sleeping bag and a pillow and it got it all with delivery for £32.. Sleeping bag was reduced from £50 to £29.99. Pretty darn excited with my purchases 

23 hours ago, GT3 said:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/goal-zero-lighthouse-micro-usb-rechargeable-lantern-p402760?gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezRtN8lj-3vn2UvekPo7RLOAHBi3q98nVUp2mFZ-zOT9GgICp_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

For anyone after a tent or campsite light, these are great. Maybe not super cheap but they are really small, give of a nice bright but warm glow and the battery lasts ages on half power setting which is more than enough inside your tent. They also charge from a usb without a seperate cable and are pretty weatherproof - I dropped mine in a river when I went camping at Easter and it still works fine!

All I need to decide for Glastonbury is which of the fresh & black tents I want to buy, I went to decathlon and I really fancy the inflatable one which is a bit pricey but seems such a great design and i seem to fit in it better than the pop-up one. However I am slightly worried it would only take one idiot to pierce the inflatable part at the festival and thats my fairly expensive tent and festival sleepijng quarters ruined! 

I've got the pop-up. Is the inflatable much heavier?

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Waapster said:

I've got the pop-up. Is the inflatable much heavier?

Not sure but it's in a more normal tent sized bag rather than the large disc shape. None of them seemed particularly heavy to me so didn't register which one was heavier out of the pop up and the inflatable. 

On 10/05/2017 at 7:08 PM, mjsell said:

Bought some new batteries, it works! Looks pretty good I think, great for a tenner.

On 10/05/2017 at 7:12 PM, GT3 said:

Yes, unfortunately this is the smallest lengthwise, and I don't fit :(

I'm 6'3 but gone for the 3man tent and will sleep diagonally or in a ball as normal. Not planning on sharing but should be space if I do at any point 

1 minute ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

Dunno where everyone stands on cereal bars but I swear by them. 

Asda currently doing hob nob bars for 50p a box

Standing on them tends to squash them. 

I'm a big big fan of a Jordans Frusli bar. And the Belvita soft bakes (not sure if that counts as a cereal bar though)

15 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Bought some new batteries, it works! Looks pretty good I think, great for a tenner.

Kinda wish I had bought a load of different colours now

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Got mine today - well chuffed with these beauties :) Decent size and nice and warm too.

My kids were well impressed with it when I switched the lights off in their rooms before bedtime and then switched it on!

On 5/9/2017 at 9:39 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm sure that these wont exactly steal crazyfool1's plans for evening attire at the festival, but if anybody needs a hoodie, and is in to them having neon light piping, then there's £45 off these (see link below). They are only £4.99!!!

https://www.boutiquecamping.com/clothing-c15/festival-wear-c5/light-up-hoodies-black-with-red-neon-p296

So cross I didn't see this until it had gone up to £20!  Those of you who have got one - is it worth £20?  Well £26 including postage!

39 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

So cross I didn't see this until it had gone up to £20!  Those of you who have got one - is it worth £20?  Well £26 including postage!

Personally I'd say it's just about worth it. What would a hoodie normally set you back? About that much? The bargain factor did sway me though.