The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"Our hoodies normally run one size bigger than other retailers

if you are normally a medium please get a large"

maybe i'm being a bit thick, but surely it should be the other way around?
if their hoodies are bigger than other retailers, then the large is probably an XL by other standards, so you should get a small from them if you're usually a medium?

Yeah I did think that as well. I'm assuming they have just worded that line incorrectly. They said the 'buy the next size up' line a couple of times in the conversation, so I'm more willing to accept that I'd say. I'm always borderline Medium/Large so could get away with either to be honest - and I cant imagine it'll be that different either way. I've plumped for a large. If its wrong I'll give it to someone at the festival who it fits better.

I was more worried about the child/adult conundrum.

Edited by mjsell

32 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"Our hoodies normally run one size bigger than other retailers

if you are normally a medium please get a large"

maybe i'm being a bit thick, but surely it should be the other way around?
if their hoodies are bigger than other retailers, then the large is probably an XL by other standards, so you should get a small from them if you're usually a medium?

Just spoken to them. They said you need to order one size up compared to normal. I'm medium so ordered large. 

54 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can see huge swathes of Glastonbury people wearing these hoodies now. 

You're right Yog. I've just ordered 6! Grey with blue wire. I made an outfit last year, took weeks of sewing. To be fair was a lot fancier than the hoodie. 

Still making a helmet and another jacket this year. The hoodies are for my mates. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nice way of hooking people into their website or maybe too many of us buying them from eFests. I did send the link to my friends too so will see if they managed to buy some in time.

I decided not to share it with friends so that when i turn the sucker on whilst they are all off their faces, they have a melt down.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nice way of hooking people into their website or maybe too many of us buying them from eFests. I did send the link to my friends too so will see if they managed to buy some in time.

Well, I have absolutely no connection with them, so they can't really have actively hooked anybody. I was just trawling around on the net earlier looking at various sites and somehow stumbled across that one. I'd say that they have put the price up as a direct result of efesters placing orders today. A classic example of the Supply and Demand Theory.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, I have absolutely no connection with them, so they can't really have actively hooked anybody. I was just trawling around on the net earlier looking at various sites and somehow stumbled across that one. I'd say that they have put the price up as a direct result of efesters placing orders today. A classic example of the Supply and Demand Theory.

Was a good spot, made my wallet happy! 

On 05/05/2017 at 1:17 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Got these boots last week - had 3/4 5k walks in them now and they are ridiculously good value!

http://www.regattaoutlet.co.uk/frontier-mid-hiking-boots-briar-green-0-11.html

Thanks for putting me onto these. Just got them in the post and fit great. Just need bit of walking in.  Also great service from the website to turn up within 24 hours. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Good news as it will become standard eFests uniform. 

next thing we know everyone will be wearing light up crazy fool suits and wellies !! :( i like to keep my originality :) and oppo suits have copied my crazy suit idea already !! 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Colour changing hats is where it's at. Just found a bargain LED controller which should change the light rhythm in time with the music. 

Totally. I've just ordered some 5050 led strips for my helmet! Have you got a link for the controller please? 

Edited by semmtexx

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

I decided not to share it with friends so that when i turn the sucker on whilst they are all off their faces, they have a melt down.

Nice! 

I had a full light up suit and helmet in 2015. Took me hours to walk 100 metres. Legions of munted people coming up to me to chat! Was hilarious!