The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I always take a couple of tubes of Pringles to snack on because they are light, easy to pack and don't get crushed or melt. Because of this, every June I look out for half price/BOGOF etc Pringle deals in supermarkets.

Generally speaking supermarkets are charging £2.50 for Pringles, however ASDA have them for £1.50 and that's their normal price.. not even on offer.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else enjoys munching on Pringles during trips back to the tent!

Hi guys sorry if this was recently asked - does anyone know where to get those collapsible water carriers from? Don't want a giant one just a decent sized one. Seen a couple on eBay but wondered if you lot know of any shops where to get them? Thank you :D

this was not wise

they're pants compared to gas - who cares if it's light I want my tea within ten minutes!

I use my hexi stove for tea and coffee. It's great for that and mine only takes a few minutes.

I'll just add that I've made a mini wind shield for it out of card and foil, and I think that helps speed things up.

Edited by Starchild771

Hi guys sorry if this was recently asked - does anyone know where to get those collapsible water carriers from? Don't want a giant one just a decent sized one. Seen a couple on eBay but wondered if you lot know of any shops where to get them? Thank you :D

http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=Water+carrier&SrchId=4294967294

Poundland - http://www.poundland.co.uk/water-carrier-10-litre

Anyone know where I can get decent womens welly socks?

I always have sock issues, gone with go outdoors this year they're £10 but been breaking them in and they're very comfy :)

Edited by kellly

I use my hexi stove for tea and coffee. It's great for that and mine only takes a few minutes.

I'll just add that I've made a mini wind shield for it out of card and foil, and I think that helps speed things up.

That probably helps a lot. Guess also depends on how much water's on and our kettle seems to only get larger

Increasingly tempted by the large kelly kettles

Anyone know where I can get some decently priced decent vodka?

Plus walking socks for blokes?

Cheers

Walking socks - I've just purchased a pair of 1000 Mile Fusion off amazon for £6 and a pair of their Ultimate Approach for my gf. Not received them yet but they were recommended in the socks thread on the Questions forum. Bridgedale was a name that came up as being good as well, and my local Sports Direct have them in (£10.50). Mountain Warehouse ones at £6.50 were also mentioned.