The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

i bought myself a big heavy duty trolley with big inflatable wheels, but my friend has bought one of those flimsy ones like posted earlier. i keep telling him that it's gonna break and that he' gonna have to either carry or abandon all the crates of cider he's planning on bringing but he's adamant that it won't because he bought it from Millets, a camping shop. don't know whether to look forward to laughing at him when it all goes wrong, or dread the fact he's gonna be unbearable in his attempt to not abandon any of the stuff after it breaks

I also agree. The number of these things you see that have wheels snapped off is unbelievable. I've said it quite a few times on here but I bought one of these exact ones 7 years ago now. At the time it was £90 and we have done 5 glastonburys with it and it's coming again this year http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-CST806-Platform-Truck-Pneumatic/dp/B007H6XWPU the only time it has ever had a problem is in the really sticky mud as it clogs up the wheels. But it's a proper trooper and still going strong! (Touching wood quickly!)

Got something very similar from Amazon but it wasn't anything like that much.

Those little trolleys do survive - I've got one on it's third year - but they cannot take much weight at all so it was used to transport bulky tents and that's it and even then must be nursed around bigger bumps and rocks

The trolley problems are usually down to overloading - newbs remember it's not going over smooth tarmac but possibly the roughest terrain known to man, stay well below the rated weight limits as they're based on a nice surface. Plenty of those big B&Q trolleys to be found in pieces, all breaking the same way sheered at the bearings or occasionally the wheel nuts

We dawdled on our journey home fixing the carcasses with each other, if you found a working orange/red one on your way to gate d might have been us, had no room in the car for one though

The trolley problems are usually down to overloading

This ^^^^

I have a folding trolley that has done three Glastos including thick mud once, the first year we were in the car park furthest to the East of the site ever and it coped with The Hill Of Death four times! Don't stack it to the handles with slabs of beer IT WILL BREAK. But, everything bungee'd on and take it steady and she'll be right.

Bought a spare inner tube £3 for the trolley today. It's one of those fishing ones. Been meaning to pick up a spare for ages. Also got 2 camping chairs from Asda for a tenner. They come in the over the shoulder bags so handy for our other fests as you can sneak a couple of cans in between the legs before you fold them :-)

Bought a spare inner tube £3 for the trolley today. It's one of those fishing ones. Been meaning to pick up a spare for ages. Also got 2 camping chairs from Asda for a tenner. They come in the over the shoulder bags so handy for our other fests as you can sneak a couple of cans in between the legs before you fold them :-)

Good shout on the Asda folding chairs - in particular, they claim a max load of 120kg. The ones I was looking at in Wilkinsons earlier today were only listed at 88kg. Not that I'd fully trust those figures, but it should mean the Asda chairs are a bit more sturdy than most.

Anybody recently bought decent walking boots? Looking for a new pair for myself but also for my 14 year old who's outgrown his old ones

yep, picked these up about a month ago and I’ve worn them at every possible opportunity, I’d even wear them to work if i could

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-600-mens-walking-boots-brown-beige-id_8053250.html

really well made and a great price IMO

I've picked up a pair of Brashers this year from Millets as my old trusty Timberlands died last year. I did a 10k walk in them the other day to break them in and actually feel like I've had them for years! I haven't tested them in the rain though so I hope they're as waterproof as they say!

http://www.millets.co.uk/womens/152012-brasher-women-s-kenai-gtx-walking-boots.html

Who wants a 120 litre backpack for 12.95? and its gets positive reviews......Amazon must have a bugged price here that's crazy good value....my 80 litre pack I just got was 45 quid and that was a good deal!....get while it's on folks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-Camping-Backpack-Rucksack-Luggage/dp/B00U2TAPKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432187348&sr=8-1&keywords=120l+backpack

I've gone for it. Mightn't be able to stand up when it's full but you can't have everything!

Finally got paid today :)

Anyone recommend a decent sized tent, im guessing three man? For me. My last one was apparently two man but was like a coffin.

Maybe something I can sit up in would be nice! As well as double skinned, decent water proof rating, cheap ect...