lazzareo

The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

This thread is intended to share any special offers or bargains which you come across which will make the Glastonbury experience that little bit better, cheaper or more comfortable for our fellow Glasto campers.

I'll kick it off with 3 legged stools for £1 at Poundland: -

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/outdoor-solutions-camping-stool/

I took one everywhere with me last time round!!!

• Upvote 1

This thread is intended to share any special offers or bargains which you come across which will make the Glastonbury experience that little bit better, cheaper or more comfortable for our fellow Glasto campers.

I'll kick it off with 3 legged stools for £1 at Poundland: -

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/outdoor-solutions-camping-stool/

I took one everywhere with me last time round!!!

Good find although I wouldn't chance it being 18 stone :P

• Upvote 2

Good find although I wouldn't chance it being 18 stone :P

We got 4 of them about 3 years ago, 3 are still going strong and Im 16+ stone, you just have to check the screws are still in before use (thats how one of them broke)

• Upvote 1

The proper thick, good quality baby wipes are only £1 in superdrug at the mo. Lovely for a tentbath!

The proper thick, good quality baby wipes are only £1 in superdrug at the mo. Lovely for a tentbath!

Agreed

• Upvote 1

Not a tip but something I'm looking for. A few years ago Aldi or Lidl (I always get confused between the two) had Prosecco in cans. Tolerably drinkable and gets round the no glass rule. I've not seen it for a while but their offers tend to be seasonal. If anyone spots any please advise.

• Upvote 2

Link

Here are some pretty cheap walking boots if anyone needs some for this year.

They do some wellies too but we wont be needing them this year (prays to weather gods).

• Upvote 1

Those three legged stools look good for transporting, although make good YouTube clip attempting to stand up quickly on one.. At a pound it's worth a punt

1 pound fish only 99p at 99p world_64915296_64915295.jpg

I think you can't get this anymore as his ejected from the country i believe.

have a browse at this shop they sell all the stuff that gets returned to go outdoors.http://stores.ebay.co.uk/alchemisticltd/Camping-/_i.html?_sacat=16034&_sid=884012006&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

some of it might be ok for festivals. i got a tent from them and can't find anything wrong with it. the tent was listed as may need reproofing but its fine.

Not sure if it's common knowledge so apologies if I am teaching you all to suck eggs, but Go Outdoors offer a price match (and will beat a cheaper price by 10%.) So, browse their website, find what I want, do a quick search online for a cheaper price (any website but auction sites count) and then head to the shop with the cheaper website details. I saved £50 on a Berghaus gore-tex coat and £40 on Berghaus walking boots. Happy shopping

Gf thinking bout this but strap might be to long for her so il prob end up carrying it if she buys it

What's a but strap and why might it be too long?