Sniffer dogs..

Guest greatsphinx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There could be. At the festival and at strategic approach points such as services on the M5. Reasonably unlikely, though it's sensible to remember that the same laws apply within and around the festival as in the 'real world' and to take precautions to that effect.

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

Yeah I read about that it wont be a problem I will just pour the rum into smaller bottles to carry with me on site while I am on my travels .... I will be wearing a Polish woodland camo army shirt if anyone sees me give me a nudge and I will congratulate you on spotting me :crazy:

Edited by greatsphinx

There could be. At the festival and at strategic approach points such as services on the M5. Reasonably unlikely, though it's sensible to remember that the same laws apply within and around the festival as in the 'real world' and to take precautions to that effect.

yea ive not seen any but ive heard about them. same as pie and a pint and glastoworker has said they are about at the main transport places but you can never know for certain.....as you go through your either going to get searched or yourll just walk in .

the searches can be quick or really really thorough .ive been searched a few times no worrys but once when they found my meds they had every bag out and emptied and then found some herbal highs which they tried to take off us but as they are legal my wife took them back to van .we later got them in tho lol

herbal highs a quick bit of info ......

you can have them outside festi

you can buy them in side the festi

but you cant TAKE them into festi so like other drugs must be hidden..

Never seen any at the gates. As for approaching festival may depend where you are coming from and when. In all bar 2011 have seen police in a layby of the A303 pulling over cars clearly heading to the festival and searching them. This has been on Wednesday and Thursday.

My brother has also been pulled over and had his car searched as he got close to the festival, he was also breathalised, he hadn't been drinking but his ate had. A positive side to the story, he moaned to the police that he ad lst his place in the queue so they let him down a side road!

i have never seen a sniffer dog in the five years i have been. I have been searched once on entry and had an ounce of green in a smell proof bag, in the middle of a bag of clothes that were vacumed

485779285_147.jpg

I use the ones that you roll out the air as opposed to using a hoover (quite hard to get hold of a hoover at glastonbury) the security asked what they were, i told them to keep my packing to a minimum and that if opened i wouldn't be able to suction the air out again because i didn't have a hoover. They agreed and let me go on my way

If they had sniffer dogs on the gates I think the dogs would get completely confused and not be all that effective because of the sheer volumes of stuff going through. Far better to have them at strategic locations such as Castle Cary train station or M5 services where the dogs can target individuals better as well as looking to Joe Public that they have a presence at events like this.

Just my humble opinion. Not based on any facts.

I don't put my van/car parking sticker on my windscreen until I'm within a mile of the site due to stories of police pulling over people heading to the festival on all the major routes/service stations, I guess it's a quick and easy way for them to make up their arrest quota.

If they had sniffer dogs on the gates I think the dogs would get completely confused and not be all that effective because of the sheer volumes of stuff going through. Far better to have them at strategic locations such as Castle Cary train station or M5 services where the dogs can target individuals better as well as looking to Joe Public that they have a presence at events like this.

Just my humble opinion. Not based on any facts.

I haven't seen any on the gates before. Unless you're obviously off your tits or acting like a total twat as you walk in I can't imagine being stopped.

A friend of mine got busted by a sniffer dog on the way into Isle of Wight festival once, he rolled a joint on his leg shortly before going in, really stupid. He also had 2 other class A's on him at the time and had to revisit the IoW twice for for court appearances which is a long way to go.

Top tip for everyone: don't use vacuum-packed clothes bags to smuggle anything in as the game has been given away on this forum. The police read and even post on this forum.

i have never seen a sniffer dog in the five years i have been. I have been searched once on entry and had an ounce of green in a smell proof bag, in the middle of a bag of clothes that were vacumed.

I use the ones that you roll out the air as opposed to using a hoover (quite hard to get hold of a hoover at glastonbury) the security asked what they were, i told them to keep my packing to a minimum and that if opened i wouldn't be able to suction the air out again because i didn't have a hoover. They agreed and let me go on my way