Where to camp with two children aged 2

Guest James411

You'll either come blue route (east) or red route (west). If the former, there is family camping at Cockmill Meadow near Ped Gate B (which is near the Kidz Field), if the latter family camping is Wicket, near Ped Gate A. They do fill up quickly.

I'm just wondering if any advice we give now might be redundant given the site changes that seem likely to happen this year? Though, obviously, staying in the family camping area is definitely the way to go and likely to be the most fun for all involved. Is there a possibility that family camping might move? I can't in all honesty see the kidz field moving venue but I could be wrong. You'll have time, once the final map is released, to plan the final details of your journey.

The best advice I can give is to (a) not panic too soon, (B) arrive as early as you can, © just allow yourselves to adjust to whatever happens, (d) make sure you mark - in indelible ink - your childrens' arms with your mobile number, (e) try your best to make sure that the mobile number doesn't have to be called (I know you will but I just needed to say it) and finally (f) enjoy a different Glastonbury to those you have experienced before (I suspect it might be your most memorable).

I hope all of you have a fantastic time.

i think its unlikely the kids field would move because the slide i believe is a permanent feature all year round.

For me we loved the kids field, my lad was only one but it was so handy been near the kids field and all the amenities. Theres a tent run by midfwifes which has bath times, and everything you can need to keep the kids fed watered and happy. I think the advantage of the other kids field is that it has more space.

Also close to the circus fields and glebeland. I must have had my tent set up by about half 9 though weds morning. there was lots of room at the back but mainly because it was a mud bath and not the place to stay.

Plus you got all the shows and its close to pyramid, acoustic tent with some ace places to eat and a great pub.

Edited by bigbilly

• 3 months later...

Hey james! Its my first glasto this year, bringing 3 kids under age 5, so def guna be an exhausting/ memorable experience for all!! My worry with camping is not being able to get a space in any of the two family camping sites. We are flying from ireland and dont arrive at the site until noon thursday. Anyone have any experience of not getting a space? Dont really want such young kids in noisy campsites at night.....

Hey james! Its my first glasto this year, bringing 3 kids under age 5, so def guna be an exhausting/ memorable experience for all!! My worry with camping is not being able to get a space in any of the two family camping sites. We are flying from ireland and dont arrive at the site until noon thursday. Anyone have any experience of not getting a space? Dont really want such young kids in noisy campsites at night.....

Being realistic i doubt you will get on either of the family sites by Thursday, 100,00 people arrive on the weds nowadays, id suggest camping on one of the campsites a bit further out to avoid noise.

Its a festival its going to be noisy so id suggest changing flights (if at all possible) or just heading further out, youll have a longer walk to the stages but should be quieter

• 9 months later...

We are going again with our son who will be 20 months old. Last year we stayed in the Tipi Field with friends as A) we had always wanted to do it and b- couldn't be bothered with a bun fight trying to find a pitch whilst carrying all ours tuff.

This year we are planning on staying somewhere near Gate D - not further in than Dairy Ground. We are a group of 6 (hopefully 7 ticket gods permitting) plus one child so don't really want to stay in the family camping.

Is it generally frowned upon camping with kids outside the family camping areas?

Cant say it ever really crossed my mind in the previous years we have been.

Edited by cham08

Thanks

As mentioned we will most likely stay fairly close to ped gate D as too lazy to carry all our stuff round site - and wont be arriving until Weds early afternoon anyway - so all the areas you mentioned will be rammed by then.

Not long to go.

Fingers crossed for a line up announcement of sorts before Monday.

The family camping zones are good really, aren't they? I personally camped in Like Kiln and there were stewards at either end of Wicket, and wouldn't let anybody in that wasn't camping there. Tried to use the portaloos a couple times (when extremely intoxicated may I add, my judgement was impaired) and was politely turned away. Very quiet as well which I suppose is a bonus!

Sorry, just had to post a bit of appreciation for what Glasto cater for despite the fact that I didn't actually use the camping myself. Very good.

Last year we camped in non-family camping (kidney mead) with our one year old and nobody battered an eyelid. Having said that I spent the first couple of days coupled with fear that I'd hear someone moan about a baby crying or see eyes rolling and it'd ruin my festival, but after 2 days I just realised that nobody cared. So even if all the family camping is full it's not the end of the world. Having said that we're aiming for cockmill this year as hoping it will be a little quieter at night so our daughter can sleep as well as possible and just feel that it'll be nice to camp near others with kids.

• 3 weeks later...

The family camping zones are good really, aren't they? I personally camped in Like Kiln and there were stewards at either end of Wicket, and wouldn't let anybody in that wasn't camping there. Tried to use the portaloos a couple times (when extremely intoxicated may I add, my judgement was impaired) and was politely turned away. Very quiet as well which I suppose is a bonus!

Sorry, just had to post a bit of appreciation for what Glasto cater for despite the fact that I didn't actually use the camping myself. Very good.