Looking for an answer or advice ?

Guest ramragon

Small camping stoves are allowed but not bbqs. I think they've said on the Facebook page that there will be an area where you can bbq, but not at your tent. Your also not allowed fires. In the Emperors field a couple of years ago someone had a brazier. I don't remember them being told to put it out. I suppose it depends if you get spotted but you have to consider the safety factor when everyone camps so close together.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got our tickets just after Rock Ness when we looked at Belladrum and someone in the forum mentioned Kendal.

I'm Thursday too, we should definitely get a meet up.

Rock Ness has the same BBQ rule, designated areas only. The reality is people use them without issue or complaint.

Keep them well away from your tent though... carbon monoxide kills BBQ campers! Just four UK examples out of 100s... aged six, aged 14, aged 30, aged 40 & 45.

Yeah had a decent time at the meet up last year, we'll start a post closer to the time. No doubt thursday at the campsite tent at 8pm will be the outcome ! Micks not going till friday so im sure there will be a beer or 2 then as well.

I also need to sort the prediction game out, although after the first 1 or 2 announcements I doubt its changed !

anyone know any decent places to camp in the area on thursday night?? we never got early bird tickets, but were thinking of driving over thuesday night after work, arrive about 8ish, camp close by and get in first thing friday to aviod queues.

also, anyone know what the queues are like friday morning? can you just rock up at 9 and get straight in? we arrived about 12ish last time and stood in the queue for a good few hours.

any help appreciated

Emperors had the same enterance last year so the queues Friday morning were reported to be bad, sure the sped up after a while. There's talk of a possible separate entrance for emperors entry this year but until the map comes out we won't know for sure.

There's bound to be loads of decent camp spots in the lakes, sure some of the locals on here could advise you.

anyone know any decent places to camp in the area on thursday night?? we never got early bird tickets, but were thinking of driving over thuesday night after work, arrive about 8ish, camp close by and get in first thing friday to aviod queues.

also, anyone know what the queues are like friday morning? can you just rock up at 9 and get straight in? we arrived about 12ish last time and stood in the queue for a good few hours.

any help appreciated

There hasn't been anything specific for disabled people in the past that I'm aware of, certainly no seperate camp area or larger toilets like wickerman had. A couple of years ago we were in emperors and asked where the disabled area was and were greeted with blank looks. To be fair we never found it an issue as there was plenty of space and the arena enterance was relatively close.

Things may have been updated this year but I've never read anything about it.

There was hell on last year, the rule wasn't supposed to be in place but some f the security didn't realise, from what I know the problem was rectified straight as soon as they could, I'd be amazed if that policy is in place this year.

There's bound to be an announcement in the run up to the festival clarifying what's happening