New music

Guest Mr_Grump

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've suggested Racket Ball on Facebook. They're mental and brilliant. Basically a bloke and 2 keyboard players, do this weird synthie stuff with visuals projected to the one side. Extremely entertaining and strangely hypnotic. Closest band I could say they're like is the Fall, but they're nothing like the Fall.

Edited by Flaminglippy

I've suggested Racket Ball on Facebook. They're mental and brilliant. Basically a bloke and 2 keyboard players, do this weird synthie stuff with visuals projected to the one side. Extremely entertaining and strangely hypnotic. Closest band I could say they're like is the Fall, but they're nothing like the Fall.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Kodaline at a small venue last night which was totally packed out, they could have comfortably have played a bigger venue and got a decent crowd.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the set and the band seemed surprised to hear a lot of the crowd singing along to a few of their tracks which isn't bad for your first headline tour. I could see them slotting on the main stage in a slot like Spectors last year, if they played the calling out tent they'd probably get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend in it but I don't think theyve got enough material for a headline set on it yet.

Went to see Jake Bugg last night (who was good).

The support was a girl called Misty Miller (with a bass player and drummer).

Whilst it was only a short set, she showed quite a lot of promise, and to me she sounded like Siouxsie Sioux (but not the same look!).

One to watch out for.

Went to see Jake Bugg last night (who was good).

The support was a girl called Misty Miller (with a bass player and drummer).

Whilst it was only a short set, she showed quite a lot of promise, and to me she sounded like Siouxsie Sioux (but not the same look!).

One to watch out for.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not "new" music but saw King Charles through the week in King Tuts. Place was rammed and bouncin. You folks on here put me onto him and I saw him at Kendal for the 1st time last year. What a talented guy / band. He`s already booked for loads of festivals and is opening for the stones in Hyde Park but this is a guy who has just played 30 gigs in 30 days ( i think ) so sure he could squeeze in another Kendal set. I think he could fit in around 3rd main stage or headline calling out. Some excellent new tunes and wouldn`t be surprised to see him headline a few fests next summer.

Maybe not "new" music but saw King Charles through the week in King Tuts. Place was rammed and bouncin. You folks on here put me onto him and I saw him at Kendal for the 1st time last year. What a talented guy / band. He`s already booked for loads of festivals and is opening for the stones in Hyde Park but this is a guy who has just played 30 gigs in 30 days ( i think ) so sure he could squeeze in another Kendal set. I think he could fit in around 3rd main stage or headline calling out. Some excellent new tunes and wouldn`t be surprised to see him headline a few fests next summer.

• 2 months later...

Saw 'Concrete Knives' at Godiva today. Pretty good. Sort of cross between Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend. Ish

Not playing at Kendal but hopefully he will be next year...Neville Staples was brilliant. Did loads of Specials songs. Crowd went mental

Just been listening to Lauren Aquilina on youtube....haunting voice, will go down really well in Chai Wallahs (if you saw and liked Rae Morris in 2011/2012, you'll enjoy Lauren)....just hope there isn't anyone that clashes with her on Calling Out.