Welcome to the KC forum

LOCHLAND5

Its chilled cos were trying to be on our best behaviour ! Kendal debates been going for years but it used to be in the same format that the t one is now, mainly a big long thread full of posts. The forum got upgraded to where it is

now and became the official Kendal one, although it hasn't been advertised or pushed by the festival yet it should happen soon. Compared to T I would imagine you'll find the

Kendal festival itself quite chilled, easy to get around and although the band's may not be as big I'm sure the line up will be good value for money. Who you hoping to see there this

year

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Band wise being realistic for Kendal I'm hoping for

Scottish band called fatherson, kassidy, kodaline, miles Kane, Newton Faulkner, OCS, passenger, the subways, tribes and mabey vampire weekend, the vaccines and jake big at a push

• 3 months later...

Alreet - Nixy here - 43 from Lancaster which means KC really is on my doorstep. This will be our 3rd time and our lil camp keeps getting bigger and bigger - there will be 12 of us this year in a corner of Emperor's somewhere. Ridiculously excited about seeing Basement Jaxx again - it should go off! See you in the fields!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.. second time at KC for me and the missis, really enjoyed the friendly and chilled atmosphere after years of 'big' festivals. Can't wait only a few weeks to go now. Remember looking at the forum last year. Thought I'd introduce myself this time around!

Man I'm used to the t in the park forum and I'm going to Kendal for the first time this year so I had a look on here and everyone so nice and chilled out. I hope everyone at the fest is as nice and chilled as on here.

T in the Park, like Rock Ness, is not a festival. Don't get me wrong, I adore Rock Ness, and I have respect for T as both event and employer. But they are NOT festivals.

They are corporate gigs in a field with a festival "theme". And nothing wrong with that. I'll be booking RN 2014 on Early Bird.

I've not been to a Kendal but I've been to enough festivals to know what a festival is. Kendal appears to be an actual festival.

Alreet - Nixy here - 43 from Lancaster which means KC really is on my doorstep. This will be our 3rd time and our lil camp keeps getting bigger and bigger - there will be 12 of us this year in a corner of Emperor's somewhere. Ridiculously excited about seeing Basement Jaxx again - it should go off! See you in the fields!

I got a chance to see the Jaxx at Rock Ness. Fantastic show. They'll rock the place to the ground!!

Charlatans will be either brilliant or completely ordinary in my experience, seen them a few times, first time for basement jaxx but the YouTube videos of the live shows look promising! Primal scream...well there's nothing else to assume but wow!! 5 weeks tomorrow folks!

• 8 months later...

Hello and welcome to the kendal forum, sure you'll have a great time at kendal this year, its obviously no where near the size of glastonbury but im sure youre feet will thank you for that after a few days there ! If you havent got them already its worth considering getting thursday tickets as well to have a relaxed start to the festival. Theres not loads to do on thursday as the main arena isnt open but theres a campsite bar and food joints open. Personally i like to just get settled so i can wake up friday morning and enjoy the music without the stress and panic of finding a camping spot.

If youve got any questions just ask away and we'll answer what we can

Il look at Thursday tix, been paying on the payment plan, nice and easy way for us.

Well call them tomorrow, see if I can add it onto it or make a one of payment.

The main reason we chose KC is the size, Glasto kills me now, only 45 but feel so much older after. It will be nice to have more energy for dancing then just walking lol

Thanks for the welcome

Matty

Is there any women that go to this festival? I'm Bex, I'll be an old git at 45 by the time KC comes, but I still dance like a 20year old lunatic when there's any indie music going. I live in South Yorkshire now but grew up not far from Kendal, and while I've never been to KC, I've been going to festivals since I was a 20year old lunatic :-)

Hiya bex an welcome to the forum, yeah theres loads of women go to the festival an a few that post on here, you'll find a majority of people on here are roughly in the same age bracket as you, the forums seem to attract people who want more discussion an banter than the facebook mob ! Feel free to chip in what you want, more the merrier !

Il look at Thursday tix, been paying on the payment plan, nice and easy way for us.Well call them tomorrow, see if I can add it onto it or make a one of payment.The main reason we chose KC is the size, Glasto kills me now, only 45 but feel so much older after. It will be nice to have more energy for dancing then just walking lolThanks for the welcomeMatty

i must admit im 44 now and aint been to glastonbury for a couple of years but i used to find myself knackered by saturday morning because of the walking, drinking and staying up stupid late, glstonbury used to be with the lads, kendal is my family compromise where i go with the wife and 2 kids for them to enjoy the festival atmosphere. Everythings quite compact and much less daunting !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. First post here but 2014 will be my 5th year at KC. Even though I watch a lot of live music and go camping fairly often, this is the only festival I've ever been to.

Bit peed off with this year's line up so far to be honest and for once I won't be hanging round the main stage on Saturday night. Hope that they've been saving all their budget for some mega act to close.

• 3 months later...

I'm from the Chester area and went for the first time last year (2013). Had an absolutely smashing time, so it's time I joined the forum as I'll be seeing you all in the fields!

Hello mate, welcome to the forum, it does appear as though it's a bring and buy sale for tickets right now but it's not always that way !

First festival in 6 years since T in the park! Well exited bout Kendal!missed out in the last couple of years due to the roses tour spent all my money following them about europe! Bring on the Happy Mondays. Can't wait for the banter to flow. See yous in a week. Squire 87