Welcome to the KC forum

LOCHLAND5

Hello oldies and newbies , I'm lochland used to be called Lakeland but a guy called Cnumb hacked my account and changed my name , cos I love Scotland and their heritage of tartan caps with ginger wig combos!

Please feel free to get involved at the moment we are 5 middle aged guys taking the piss like we have for the last few years so please don't be scared get involved !

My real names jonny I'm a sarcy tosspot who hates the hotpots .

Welcome to the forum mines a lager pull up a chair and get involved!

The fans love it !

Seeyouinthefields !

• Upvote 1

Please feel free to get involved at the moment we are 5 middle aged guys taking the piss like we have for the last few years so please don't be scared get involved ! My real names jonny
I feel violated, I thought I was talking to some lass called Tracy ! In all seriousness, my names Steve, just turned 43, wifes just given birth to our 2nd child which is 13 years after the first one. I'm from the north east and tend to enjoy all types of music but indie comes top of the list. I'm slightly more subtle with the lash taking and sarcasm than Lochland and happy to debate anything or answer any questions that people have. Feel free to join in
  • Upvote 1

Hi all, both in forum and festival terms I'm distinctly a newbie. Mid 30's called Rob, living in an area of North Lancashire called Botton though a scouser by birth. Attended KC last year, my first ever festival but got the bug so intend on being a regular from now on with wife and kids (girl 11, the boy 7). Been reading this forum for 6months or so now bit only registered in the last few weeks. Hoping for Stereophonics this year!

• Upvote 1

.I am younger than Ramragon.l
The quality of life in Birmingham surely makes you age quicker than me though ! Plus sniffing glue and passing out face down on a seat to find yourself stuck to it can't really do wonders for your life span. Might help ur skin look younger I suppose as you rip a few layers off as u try and peel ur face off the seat

My names Craig...I am younger than Ramragon. I am from Birmingham. I accidentally got glued to a stool at work last week so probably better for all concerned if you avoid me like the clap at Kendal

This topic is a bit bizarre but anywayz.. I`m Graeme and I`m also younger than Ramsir but for me its only just. I`m about to head out to see Ocean Colour Scene in Glasgow and I predict with some confidence that they will do a late afternoon slot at Kendal this year. I`m also guessing Cast will do the same slot but on a different day......obviously. I also got tickets for T in the Park today woo hoo.

Lipster`s stool story reminded me of a previous evening out in Glasgow. Tried a wee small bar that was a bit off the beaten track. All male customers I recall but couldn`t have been friendlier. I remember several of them offered to help me in with my stool.......

Jacket, train station.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

The quality of life in Birmingham surely makes you age quicker than me though ! Plus sniffing glue and passing out face down on a seat to find yourself stuck to it can't really do wonders for your life span. Might help ur skin look younger I suppose as you rip a few layers off as u try and peel ur face off the seat

first time 'Birmingham' and 'quality' have been used in the same sentence in a long long time...

Christ we need an announcement...this is starting to sound like a conversation with my grandad...if any of you start telling me you think theres an Albanian living in your airing cupboard I'm selling me tickets

Alright lads,my name is Stewart, i'm from sunny Fife in Scotland. My first KC was last year and I had a great time. I used to go to T in park since it's only 20 minutes up the road but it's now way to commercial. I'm a bit gutted the line up wasn't announced today but as long as it it is as good as last year all will be good. The chat/abuse on here seems go so good to say hello to you all.

• Upvote 1

Hello an welcome to all the newbies, its not that were being nosey gits, just the forums becoming official so its hopefully changing from a few people bickering and taking the lash to somewhere people can come and discuss things or ask questions. In an attempt to at least appear more approachable a meet and greet seems the way to go !

Hello, I'm Mick and I'm an alcoholic.....oooops, wrong forum.

I'm Mick a grumpy old git from Gods Own County...for all you infidels who don't know what I'm talking about, Yorkshire (West to be precise....or Ossett to be even more preciser).

This will be my third Kendal Calling, having spent the last two years roughing it in Emperors Fields, I'm upgrading this year to something far more comfortable.

I'm actually the sensible one out of the 5 middle aged guys....keeping the others in check.

You'll never find me taking the piss or being controversial, I'm just all sweetness and light xD.

Hi all, I'm James from North East just joined the forum as i managed to get earlybird tickets for myself, partner and another couple. We are all mid thirties and looking for a bit more chilled out festival to attend, Leeds being my last one a few years ago. Not that bothered about line up as long as weather is half decent, i get a few new bands to follow.

Hello James, sure you'll enjoy the festival. If you want it extra chilled out I would suggest spending a little extra and getting yourself emperors tickets. When youve just gotta go a hundred yards or so back to the car you'll appreciate it a bit more ! We just left stuff in the car last year and did the trip when we wanted to top beer up and stuff. Its also quieter after midnight and away from the general madness. Plus you get showers and pootopia free which is a blessing if you're used to festival toilets !

Feel free to chip in with your ideas and opinions

Edited by ramragon

Man I'm used to the t in the park forum and I'm going to Kendal for the first time this year so I had a look on here and everyone so nice and chilled out. I hope everyone at the fest is as nice and chilled as on here.
Its chilled cos were trying to be on our best behaviour ! Kendal debates been going for years but it used to be in the same format that the t one is now, mainly a big long thread full of posts. The forum got upgraded to where it is now and became the official Kendal one, although it hasn't been advertised or pushed by the festival yet it should happen soon. Compared to T I would imagine you'll find the Kendal festival itself quite chilled, easy to get around and although the band's may not be as big I'm sure the line up will be good value for money. Who you hoping to see there this year

Cheers, i know me and the mrs will love it not so sure about the other couple as they've never been to a festival before and think i'm exagerating about state toilets can get.
They're in for a treat then, for all the joy that pootopia brought you are essentially having a crap in a wheely bin and tipping a cup of sawdust on it. Before you tell them to have a few practice runs at home I think its fair to tell you the wheely bins do have toilet seats on em ! Where abouts you from in the north east then ?