****Rihanna to headline Sunday night****

Guest mike99

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry didnt realise you were the chief accountant silly me for having an opinion.

Of course it is possible, it is also possible that if Rihanna signs up for glasto that the Zurich gigs are rearranged so she can play the sunday. But as it is all rumours and nothing is confirmed its all hearsay and our own opinions.

sorry didnt realise you were the chief accountant silly me for having an opinion.

Of course it is possible, it is also possible that if Rihanna signs up for glasto that the Zurich gigs are rearranged so she can play the sunday. But as it is all rumours and nothing is confirmed its all hearsay and our own opinions.

Who are you going to tell to play Other then? And why would they do it?

"Hi Ri, how about you get paid a substantially lower fee than you're used to, to play the second stage, where you'll get substantially less of a benefit out of it than you would do if you played Pyramid? I know you're already headlining stadiums in the country in the same month but that doesn't matter."

Or

"Hi Alex, I know you're headlining tens of other festivals across the world this summer, have the fastest selling debut record in the UK ever, sell out arenas and outdoors across the country etc., but how about you headline the second stage for a much smaller fee than you can get headlining elsewhere?"

Iv not read the thread thats about 450 pages long. dont have that kind of time on my hands. when beyonce played in 2011, the Kaiser chiefs were playing on the other stage. Kaiser chiesf and arctic monkeys are kind of similar so I would of thought they would do the same kind of thing, rihanna on pyramid and arctics on other.

I dont know how much any of them charge does everyone else?

the moving of gigs is commonplace nowadays, plus its not exactly short notice its only mid feb

Edited by philly_eds

Rihanna into Arctics would be a hell of a strong top 2 popularity wise, and I'd enjoy it. In my opinion I'd say she's too big for a sub spot, but I'd actually rather have her subbing as a kind of having-my-cake-and-eating-it-too kind of situation, I get to see a pop music act that I would only ever see at Glastonbury and a big rock band doing a Pyramid headline slot. Hmm, delicious cake.

How do you know how much the Stones are being paid? or are you just quoting pie in the sky tabloid figures?

How do you know how much she would cost or charge?

How is she any bigger than any other previous Headliner?

It is funny when people get all wound up.

So we go from being too expensive as a headliner/2nd stage headliner to now subbing and surely being paid a headliners fee?

Not a chance. Look at the names people are suggesting as Other Stage headliners and then think how many times more Rihanna would charge over them.

Plus its too close a booking. Your either going to see a big dance act on the Other Stage that night or a older more established act.