YES to Kendal Calling

Guest thurlow84

I'm pretty sure a majority of people on here have been before and are looking forward to it, probably why we've been prattling on about it since august, 11 months before this year's festival starts !

I'm sure given the budget they'll do the best they can, last years card in respect of more reknowned bands and strength in depth was a massive step up in class compared to the previous years which I'm sure will be mirrored this year as well.

Also sure there will be bands I like as well as bands I'm not fussed about playing, for me that's the opportunity to either explore and take in a few random acts or to go back to the tent, light the bbq and chill with a few beers and the family.

Where are you from then and how many times have you been before, are you with the family or a drunken weekend with your mate's

I've always used Kendal as the family alternative to Glastonbury, much easier to negotiate getting round the site due to its size and you're never more than 5 minutes away from the tent, Glastonbury was always a festival with the lads due to the size and scale which would be daunting to the wife and bairn.

To us its never really been specifically about the bands, the missus probably spends as much time looking through the stalls, getting her hair braided, slapping henna tattoos on the bairn and chilling as she does watching bands.

Always made sure I was In the Emperors field to keep them away from the general camping madness !

Not so much the trouble that bothers me, although I wouldn't wanna witness any, the emperors has always been pretty quiet after midnight which gives the wife and daughter a chance to get some sleep. I appreciate at festivals people wanna enjoy themselves as much as they can so we make a point of paying the extra for a few comforts and a better nights sleep !

I know nothing , I just have great faith in the organisers I truly am a believer and like you I say YES to kendal calling ! I'm sat at my desk having a moment like meg Ryan did in that film years ago .......... YES YES YES YES YES ahhhhhh!

It's the golden hour on CFM at the moment what a good year it was 1991 , just heard cola boy what a tune that was , and before colour me bad was on , all for love , not as good as I wanna sex you up but still good stuff .

Edited by LOCHLAND5

I've been the past two years and love it but the capacity increase last year wasn't thought through very well. If they can iron out the problems then I'll probably return.

I'm not clued up on the costs of booking acts and stuff but I'd like to see some bigger name headliners. For a ticket of the same price, I've just paid to go a small festival in the Netherlands with the likes of Arctics, Portishead and Sigur Ros playing. However Kendal is a brilliant little festival even beside all the music and I'm glad to see the return of Tim Peaks diner