Barry Fish

General News Discussion

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

LJS provided some links earlier

Depends how it goes i guess, but i think most people can use intergender toilets with cubicles.

Im not. 

so 72% of people who responded to a tiny survey. Very reliable statistics.

The simple fact is you are sacrificing 50% of the population for 0.01% of the population. But you're alright, because you're male.

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

is it a Fact or opinion? Its an opinion. 

really?

Go on then, tell me how someone who has been brought up as a bloke who then trans to a woman has the lifetime experiences of a woman. :lol:

Fuck's sake. Go find your brain.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

really?

Go on then, tell me how someone who has been brought up as a bloke who then trans to a woman has the lifetime experiences of a woman. :lol:

Fuck's sake. Go find your brain.

Does that mean she isnt a 'real' woman like greer says then?

22 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Does she decide if a trans woman is a real woman?

She merely pointed out that a trans woman does not have a woman's lifetime of experiences. 

Because they've spent their earlier life as a bloke, with bloke's experiences.

Fuck's sake. :lol:

Meanwhile, what is a "real" woman? Can you tell me? Does it involve ovaries, or not? Does it involve having a dick, or not? Does it involve being treated for every moment of your life as a woman, or not? 

There's a million different questions, but no single answer.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Does that mean she isnt a 'real' woman like greer says then?

it depends what a "real" woman is. :rolleyes:

To disagree with Greer, you'll have to give me a stand-up cannot-be-quibbled definition. Can you?

Or don't you have any real counter-argument to Greer?

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it depends what a "real" woman is. :rolleyes:

To disagree with Greer, you'll have to give me a stand-up cannot-be-quibbled definition. Can you?

Or don't you have any real counter-argument to Greer?

I believe there is legislation on this currently going through 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

which - it seems to have passed you by - some people have issues with, that aren't washed away by false claims of "it's working in Ireland" (WHAT? is working in Ireland, and where does it fail?) or empty assertions of "real" women. :rolleyes:

You and Gove, dismissing the experts together, because mindless dogma that refuses to examine the facts is always better, yeah?

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

PS: is that legislation being put thru by someone who you used to call a homophobe? Why, yes it is.

Care to tell me why you're suddenly so happy with the homophobes writing laws for LBGTQI's?

So much so, that when you're asked for a definition, you defer to those you called homophobes for your answer?

Edited by eFestivals

53 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

which - it seems to have passed you by - some people have issues with, that aren't washed away by false claims of "it's working in Ireland" (WHAT? is working in Ireland, and where does it fail?) or empty assertions of "real" women. :rolleyes:

You and Gove, dismissing the experts together, because mindless dogma that refuses to examine the facts is always better, yeah?

Are you saying there should be two catergories of women?

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Are you saying there should be two catergories of women?

I'm saying: who knows?

Greer's argument that self-identity isn't defining is no less sound than the idea that it is.

Meanwhile, there's a whole bunch of new issues your version of things opens up, that you refuse to even consider - which suggests to me that your thinking is a long way short of complete, and therefore it would be unwise to go with the conclusions you've made from incomplete considerations.

I'm saying that if we're going to enshrine new rights for trans people into law, those laws need to be properly considered and not poorly considered but with some excellent shouting down of those who try to consider all aspects.