aside from headliners who else you wanna see or not wanna see

Guest ramragon

Another group who seem to be doing the smaller festival circuit are Band of Skulls, seen them live 4 times now and they always play an excellent tight set, last time I saw them it seemed like they had nowhere to go really, having released 2 acclaimed albums in a few years they were playing upstairs in the other rooms in Newcastle to a crowd of maybes 250 tops, I thought then they either need a very strong 3rd album, promoting differently or I could see them calling it a day soon.

Maybes headlining a few smaller festivals and playing to bigger crowds at others might give them a bit of much needed publicity. Can't see them headlining or being anywhere near the top 3 slots at Kendal unless they make a move to the Calling Out tent where they would do an excellent job if they headlined, a tent at night probably suits their style more than an open aired main stage in daylight anyways

Edited by ramragon

Think you boys could be right.They are confirmed for T in the Park and in their interview last week they said they were going to be busy but couldn`t announce their plans till March. I`d guess that was to tie in with T in the Park tickets selling out and perhaps the Kendal announcement ?

If they are at Wickerman it will be Saturday as Primal Scream there on Friday so Kendal more likely to be Friday or Sunday...........

Ocean Colour Scene were on top form on Friday and would please almost everyone if they get an evening slot I reckon.Great live band, plenty of big tunes and wouldn`t break the bank.

They were joined on stage by one of the blokes from the Inbetweeners ( a young " dude " who was standing next to me explained to me who he was ). Apparantely it`s a movie and he`s dead famous and no I haven`t been at the mushrooms. True story.