kendal calling highlights

Guest thurlow84

For me its quite a personal one, my wife couldn't go last year so I took my 12 year old daughter who loved every minute of it, she's reserved at the best of times but my lasting memory will always be getting quite close to the stage when shed seven were gonna play. There was the usual crowd interaction until chasing rainbows started and the crowd went mental singing and feeling the moment. The look on her face made the festival worth while as she realised why live bands create so many more memories and experiences than listening to cds at home.

The look of horror as someone crowd surfed over the top of her was one to behold as well !

What's yours then

Edited by ramragon

2008 - the last year it was actually at Kendal and the year of the rain and epic mud. On the Sunday it was sunny, warm and whilst lying in a pile of straw I could hear a tent playing inspiral carpets. Listening closer I could hear somebody singing - went to investigate and it was Clint Boon playing in a tent that held about 10 people and we all danced like fools for 30 minutes to some manchester classics.

2010 was my first time at Kendal to see Doves which was my highlight. It was also my 13 year old daughter’s first festival. She was hooked from early on Friday when Chiddy Bang was on and loved Calvin Harris.

2011 was my favourite year. There were some great friendly people and a brilliant atmosphere. Sunday in the sun, watching the impromptu cricket in front of the main stage before Frank, all the way through to Blondie was excellent.

2012 went a bit downhill for me. A higher number of drunk, rude, bottle throwing people. James, Dreadzone, Tim Peaks and the new style beer tent made it a great weekend.

2013 To be continued.