Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

But he is not talking about anything to do with this forum. He just keeps posting random stuff

Anything to do with this forum? Dude, 99% of the stuff in every forum has nothing to do with that area, it just gets away with it because it's loosely about music. If you wanted to punish people for posting irrelevant or nonesensical rubbish then anyone in the T thread who posts about Bowie or The Who or Fleetwood Mac headlining would fall into that category as in the real world it's about as relevant to that festival as the gifs that marky posts. People are allowed to shit up threads with utter nonsense about "I reckon Smashing Pumpkins could headline Reading" or "I know it won't happen but would it be insane if blah blah bah headlined blah blah blah" or "I would literally cum in my pants and cry due to my life being compete if blah blah blah got announced", we tolerate idiots because they're (supposedly) trying hard but failing at life yet not someone who doesn't take it seriously. Every court needs a jester.

marky has been on a deliberate pisstake all over the boards, and judging by recent responses he definitely needed reigning in some.

His account has been suspended for a short while. If he chooses to return let's hope he returns with more of a constructive purpose; if not, that's merely the opening salvo.

Meh, he's a harmless clown. He does no more harm the forums that those who think it's hilarious to (or more likely like to show off their hipster cred) by posting "needs more Battles" or "Beck please" every few days in the same thread.

That being said his posting style doesn't really fit here, it's all very serious (or as serious as you can take yourself when suggesting that Bruce Springsteen could headline R&L).

Edited by mrtourette

Meh, he's a harmless clown. He does no more harm the forums that those who think it's hilarious to (or more likely like to show off their hipster cred) by posting "needs more Battles" or "Beck please" every few days in the same thread.

That being said his posting style doesn't really fit here, it's all very serious (or as serious as you can take yourself when suggesting that Bruce Springsteen could headline R&L).

Yeah but filling up the forums with his truly pointless posts was annoying, yeah there's always going to be people who post things like "I would love Bowie" back when he was apparently in retirement but look what happened, he announced his comeback, people got excited and then it was established there would be no tour with this album, so was that pointless no, because we can now rule out. Posting gifs and saying people had been "reeled in" is.

Yeah but filling up the forums with his truly pointless posts was annoying, yeah there's always going to be people who post things like "I would love Bowie" back when he was apparently in retirement but look what happened, he announced his comeback, people got excited and then it was established there would be no tour with this album, so was that pointless no, because we can now rule out. Posting gifs and saying people had been "reeled in" is.

If anyone thought that Bowie was ever a realistic choice for T then ythey were grossly misinformed, even if he was touring, and arguing that he was is just as much of a pointless waste of time post as marky's gifs. The fact that he came out of retirement doesn't justify posting stupid opinions or suggestions or opening up another stream of discussion, it just increased the amount of dumb posts, and it's just one example of many of people unloading rubbish from their brain without thinking first. Yet it's OK because it's about music, and if people get told to stop posting annoying shit that serves of no real use it's bad because everyone's allowed their opinion.

Yes it's annoying that the forums are clogged up with idiotic posts but I think it's rich that marky gets pulled up for it when so many other do exactly the same thing, spouting dumb ideas or shitting up prediction threads with hipster name-dropping or posting videos of their favourite bands under the pretense of them maybe playing. Like I said we all like to think that this is a serious forum for serious discussion but in reality the vast majority of it is bullshit spouted by idiots or attention-seekers, and somebody who realises that and doesn't take it seriously gets punished for it.

He has a particular posting style, if someone doesn't like it then that's what the ignore function is for.

Although it seems like I am I'm not really defending it, but I don't understand how someone can find what he posts so annoying and yet is happy to read through page after endless page of Metallica for Glasto/Bruce for Reading/Bowie for T rubbish.

Edited by mrtourette
  • Upvote 1

In retrospect I guess it's different as marky is deliberately winding people up (although people like myself and russycarps also do it in the Glasto section quite frequently) while people making posts powered by a solitary brain cell or just name dropping bands/letting people know how many drugs they take aren't deliberately winding people up, they're just being stupid or trying to look cool on the internets. I suppose that's the difference, personally I just find it frustrating that people aren't allowed to have harmless if silly fun but they are allowed to derail and stifle reasonable and logical debate with complete rubbish, but hey-ho.

I agree with what's been said. I do intentionally wind people up and SOME of what I post is complete drivel (some would call it a caps lock extravaganza). However, the Eminem joke that started my downfall was pretty good, a classic almost.

I also post a lot of serious content regarding act predictions etc so bit harsh to pigeon hole me as a non-stop, constant arsehole ripping the pish out of everyone.

I have seen the error of my ways and will tone down the side of me that has lead me to become a hate figure within the efestivals community.

And if that fails... it wasn't actually me that done it. I share a computer with many other families and one prankster decided to take advantage of my schoolboy error of leaving my account logged in. This was despicable and I have recently visited an estate agents and PC world with the intention of uprooting from this strange community (similar to M Night Shyamalan's plot of The Village) and purchasing my own personal computer.

Edited by marky3