Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

They haven't said festivals though, they've said 'only UK shows' for each of those acts. I think they'd work harder to retain the exclusivity of headliners than Jake Bugg who apparently can't sell tickets anywhere ever. Also, I noticed that the ones on the press release have been incorrect but the ones on this image have stayed intact save the Belsonic date. They'd be really foolish to make sure 'only UK shows' is plastered along with the headlining acts' names everywhere just for that to be proven untrue before it's sold out.

Again, the headliners have been marketed as 'only UK show'. GSS would be a show.

In the press release, which I think we determined was bollocks. In that picture you posted it says festival exclusives, which is how FR would wriggle out of this one.

In the press release, which I think we determined was bollocks. In that picture you posted it says festival exclusives, which is how FR would wriggle out of this one.

They were ones that were - and still are, on the official website - advertised as only UK show rather than just asterisks. One might wriggle through the exclusivity but all three is doubtful.

They were ones that were - and still are, on the official website - advertised as only UK show rather than just asterisks. One might wriggle through the exclusivity but all three is doubtful.

I think we're having the same discussion in two different threads, but I think that the image is detailed enough to hold true (specifies UK and festival). If they're making different claims on the website that have ambiguity then that yet another FR PR balls-up.

I think we're having the same discussion in two different threads, but I think that the image is detailed enough to hold true (specifies UK and festival). If they're making different claims on the website that have ambiguity then that yet another FR PR balls-up.

Yeah I mentioned it in the other thread because I saw it here, so that's my fault. :P

It's not really discussing much more as it's true FR are shaky on their exclusives, but I was just pointing it out to those thinking all three were possible because they were around at the time. We don't even know when these GSS shows are yet do we? So it's hard to place without considering when the shows are.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/5-day-music-event-plan-for-glasgow-park-158433n.23862386

Was there really that much violence last year?

Maybe GSS would be better suited to another location/park

You get an act like Avicci and you're always gonna get loads of kids drunk on half a lager. Very little trouble on KoL days or Eminem but even with a majority decent crowd there's always going to be a few who wander through neighbours gardens drunk when you have 30,000 people attending an event. Would be the same at any location

• 2 weeks later...

I see the T clientele are already complaining "DF are just keeping all of the good acts for this". I just don't understand folk sometimes. That's not how these things work!

Am I the only one thinking that's a bit of an odd supporting lineup? I can't really see fans of The Killers being big Miles Kane fans...

I see the T clientele are already complaining "DF are just keeping all of the good acts for this". I just don't understand folk sometimes. That's not how these things work!

Am I the only one thinking that's a bit of an odd supporting lineup? I can't really see fans of The Killers being big Miles Kane fans...

No, I agree the supports are a but strange. I've seen quite a few people saying they might go just for Miles and The Courteeners. Not a big Killers fan but really like both supports so was planning to go until I saw it was £55.

I am a massive fan of The Killers and I must say The Courteeners are one of my favourite bands too. Miles Kane is also a great artist. This is the perfect indie/alternative gig for anybody. It does made T in the Park look weak. In terms of bands this year there's lots of newer good bands I like but the headliners are average this year.

I am glad they do these events now as I find Kinross a bit far away and always felt these gigs should be held in a nice central location.

Biffy are on a par with The Killers atm and Arctic Monkeys are way bigger so I don't think TITP headliners look weak at all plus The Killers played it last year so cant exactly play it again

Summer sessions really shouldn't be compared to TITP anyway because its a completely different thing