Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have applied to have it again in August, and increased it from 3 nights to 5.

Back at Bellahouston apparently too which I am surprised at.

where did you read this ?

with the amount going on in scotland this year i honestly can't come up with 5 more headliners they could have

assuming they could maybe have a co show with QOTSA and blink or something

It probably made Glasgow city council more money than the problems that it caused, it will be interesting to see who they get as 5 is a lot to fill, i reckon they will avoid a saturday night or they will have an act that will attract a better crowd

Killers

Justin Timberlake
Blink 182/QOTSA

Kinda stuck after that to who else they might get.

Along with The Killers doing Tennents Vital, there is also this event at the same time... so I guess Example could be a possibility

397544_732670926755085_1359292186_n.jpg

Some good names being thrown about.

Killers would obviously be a massive seller. Could be a cracking gig with a nice few support bands. Bastille, Vampire Weekend, Imagine Dragons, Foster the People all spring to mind & are around at the time.

Queens of the Stone Age / Blink-182 would be great for me (two bands I really want to see live) but I think it would need some very strong support acts to sell at the same level as The Killers. Royal Blood, Foals, You Me At Six, Twin Atlantic would be pretty good.

Justin Timberlake, again, would sell very well. Maybe Example or Macklemore to support.

Coldplay and Kasabian would both have albums out by then.

Trying to think who's in Europe in August. The Prodigy. Outkast. Calvin Harris. Skrillex. Deadmau5.

Since it is a gig more than a fest, they could get away with a couple of smaller acts as the main attraction with a very strong support and abit weaker support for the bigger acts and they will sell the majority of tickets

If there's five gigs, something like this would be ideal:

Coldplay

Lily Allen

Tom Odell

Vigo Thieves

Outkast

Janelle Monae

Basement Jaxx

The Lafontaines

The Prodigy

Enter Shikari

Modestep

Roman Nose

Queens of the Stone Age

Foals

Little Matador

Vukovi

The Killers

Bastille

Foster The People

Fatherson

Paramore, QOTSA* and Blink all reneging on their 'only UK appearance' things would be probably unrealistic.

*Belsonic aside, which probably wouldn't really affect R+L sales.

is that what they're being touted as at R&L? I genuinely haven't seen anything saying that (apart from Paramore). Tbh, sales aren't going to be massively hit against if they play gigs in Scotland are they?

is that what they're being touted as at R&L? I genuinely haven't seen anything saying that (apart from Paramore). Tbh, sales aren't going to be massively hit against if they play gigs in Scotland are they?

Really? It's been in just about every article about each band's announcement, plus the official website.

And yeah, absolutely. You just said yourself if QOTSA and Blink played, you'd be there - and you're a Reading Festival goer.

Edited by dentalplan

Really? It's been in just about every article about each band's announcement, plus the official website.

And yeah, absolutely. You just said yourself if QOTSA and Blink played, you'd be there - and you're a Reading Festival goer.

I'm obviously blind haha

But that's because I just can't justify the cost of the weekend with a lineup I find very poor. Saying that, I'm mighty tempted now I know Darlia are going to be there... ;)

I'm obviously blind haha

But that's because I just can't justify the cost of the weekend with a lineup I find very poor. Saying that, I'm mighty tempted now I know Darlia are going to be there... ;)

Well yeah, I don't mean just you. There will be people similar to you, plus there are plenty of Scots that go down to Leeds too so that could potentially catch all those who can't justify the cost of the lineup. That's why exclusives exist, if people want to go see that act then they have to go to that festival.

Edited by dentalplan

Paramore, QOTSA* and Blink all reneging on their 'only UK appearance' things would be probably unrealistic.

*Belsonic aside, which probably wouldn't really affect R+L sales.

Yeah but that R&L exclusivity list is pretty dodgy- and there seems to be a few that are broken already, so I'm not really buying any of them.

I just think seeing as Paramore are only on for R&L at the moment they'd probably squeeze a midweek date in if the dates fit. Just pull the usual 'its not a festival just a gig in a field' and everything will be fine