Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

Hearing some horror stories coming out of Bellahouston tonight about the crowd at Avicii. Underagers not being able to handle alcohol, people looking for trouble, a lot of alleged drug use and general misbehaviour.

I just hope the planning of additional concerts next year isn't jeopardised by bad behaviour of a minority.

(although I'm unsure what else the council and promoters were expecting when they announced a lineup for a concert guaranteed to attract a considerable youth crowd)

Don't think Eminem will be as bad as Avicii.

I just don't think they should've put on last night's lineup on a Saturday night when everyone is off work and can spend all day drinking before they even arrive at the gig. It was always going to end in trouble.

Although you don't know if we're only hearing about this trouble because of the crowd it attracted. Remember all of the headlines about how badly behaved fans at The Stone Roses at Glasgow Green were? I heard there were actually more arrests for drunken behaviour across the two nights Robbie Williams played at Hampden than there were after Glasgow Green. Of course, that wasn't reported as widely.

Hearing some horror stories coming out of Bellahouston tonight about the crowd at Avicii. Underagers not being able to handle alcohol, people looking for trouble, a lot of alleged drug use and general misbehaviour.

I just hope the planning of additional concerts next year isn't jeopardised by bad behaviour of a minority.

(although I'm unsure what else the council and promoters were expecting when they announced a lineup for a concert guaranteed to attract a considerable youth crowd)

i was obvious, a major portion of young people like both Avicii and Tinie but moreso with Avicii it would have brought many people who chose to do drugs than drink and don't have a clue most of the time.

Was at Avicii yesterday and whilst I didn't see anyone in a bad state (at least to what I'm used to seeing at titp) the age of the crowd was frightening. Never seen so many weans at a gig in my life.

And on another note i thought avicii was very very average, nothing special whatsoever.

Was at Avicii yesterday and whilst I didn't see anyone in a bad state (at least to what I'm used to seeing at titp) the age of the crowd was frightening. Never seen so many weans at a gig in my life.

And on another note i thought avicii was very very average, nothing special whatsoever.

Did he not play the right CDs or was his light show not up to scratch?

Every single person in that video is under the age of 18. I guarantee an age restriction of 18+ on these gigs would have dramatically reduced any sort of anti-social behaviour. I see Calvin Harris and Tiesto have implemented that limit on their Glasgow gig in December (which would have attracted a similar crowd).

I love how DF are claiming on Twitter that they have no stage times for tomorrow yet. They're promoting the bloody gigs but have no idea when it will start? I somehow doubt that.

As I said earlier in the thread, they should've expected this having such a youth orientated lineup on a Saturday afternoon. Even a 16+ age limit would have sufficed. The majority of people in that video are younger.

Of course the promoters expected it, but why would they want to restrict such a large amount of ticket sales by putting an age limit on an event that will obviously appeal to a lot of teenagers?

If there was a lot of crime as a result then maybe next year the license may demand it but if it's just an unpleasant atmosphere as long as ticket sales are better than with a limit the promoters will be happy.

I love how DF are claiming on Twitter that they have no stage times for tomorrow yet. They're promoting the bloody gigs but have no idea when it will start? I somehow doubt that.

Of course they have rough stage times, but thats the usual DF Concerts approach! They don't tell you at T so you'll buy their stage time guide and they don't tell you at gigs, so you'll turn up earlier and spend money at the bar.

nope, tho I'm getting fed up with people ringing me to ask what time eminem is playing. ;)

Haha, unlucky!

Not heard anything official about stage times but going by the R&L stage times, Eminem will be on for 1hr 45mins so probably on stage tonight about 8:45/9ish?

Going by videos from Pukkelpop he will be on about 1hr 25. Guessing supports will get 30 minutes. Gonna head up soon anyways and be there for just after five.