Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

Bought a ticket for Saturday, should be a good day out. Main reason I bought a ticket though wasn't for Avicii, Tinie and definitely not for GBX..........Personally I think Steve Aoki will hand all there arses to them on a plate!

Im not a fan of dance music really but out of that lineup that would definitely be the best guy playing, especially cos i've heard Tinie is poor live

The full lineups for each day are now on the Glasgow Summer Sessions website. Pretty much what we already knew:

15th August - Kings of Leon + The Courteeners + Admiral Fallow

17th August - Avicii + Tinie Tempah + Steve Aoki + GBX Experience

20th August - Eminem + Kendrick Lamar + Earlwolf + Yelawolf + Chance the Rapper

Seems odd the lack of supports for the first two shows but then a lot more for the Eminem date. Pretty sure I read somewhere that the music was going to begin at 6pm for each show. That would mean relatively short sets for the Eminem support acts, no?

I'd expect two support bands for a club gig, putting something like this on and trying to convince people it's a festival vibe while only having two support bands is pathetic.

They really have messed up with this, haven't they? A few solid support acts announced alongside the main headline act would have secured a sell out for every night.

The full lineups for each day are now on the Glasgow Summer Sessions website. Pretty much what we already knew:

15th August - Kings of Leon + The Courteeners + Admiral Fallow

17th August - Avicii + Tinie Tempah + Steve Aoki + GBX Experience

20th August - Eminem + Kendrick Lamar + Earlwolf + Yelawolf + Chance the Rapper

Seems odd the lack of supports for the first two shows but then a lot more for the Eminem date. Pretty sure I read somewhere that the music was going to begin at 6pm for each show. That would mean relatively short sets for the Eminem support acts, no?

I agree the KOL date is lacking a bit but the Avicii/Tinie date gets away with it because they will both be getting full sets so 2 supports is enough

My guess for the set times if they all start at 6 will be:

Admiral Fallow - 6-6:45 The Courteeners - 7:15-8:15 KOL - 8:45-10:45

GBX - 6-6:45 Steve Aoki - 7-7:45 Tinie - 8:00-9:15 Avicii - 9:30-11

Chance the Rapper - 6-6:30 Yelawolf - 6:45-7:15 Earlwolf - 7:30-8:15 Kendrick - 8:30-9:15 Eminem 9:30-11

Obviously very rough and guessing that rappers/dj will have a shorter changover time

Edited by Gingo

They really have messed up with this, haven't they? A few solid support acts announced alongside the main headline act would have secured a sell out for every night.

My Hard Rock Calling ticket was £45 and for that there was three stages starting at 2pm. Even bands who play Hyde Park without pretending it's a festival have more than two support acts and make a day of it. This seems very half-arsed.

My Hard Rock Calling ticket was £45 and for that there was three stages starting at 2pm. Even bands who play Hyde Park without pretending it's a festival have more than two support acts and make a day of it. This seems very half-arsed.

to be fiar a lot of the hyde park stuff was dire.... we were wishing we were still queuing instead

Very similar to the set he's been doing for the last 3yrs to be fair (not that I was expecting anything different)

He's not played Mosh, My Name Is, Real Slim Shady or Without Me for ages, Mosh especially is one which im looking forward to seeing, theres not really many other songs he could add to that set that would make it much better tbh

He's not played Mosh, My Name Is, Real Slim Shady or Without Me for ages, Mosh especially is one which im looking forward to seeing, theres not really many other songs he could add to that set that would make it much better tbh

I'm not a massive fan of his but it does look like a cracking setlist. White America is one of my favourites of his.

KOL apparently done both Trani and Holy Roller Novocaine which would have been great. Seems like a good few songs shorter than Murrayfield a couple years ago though