Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

Some people are mindless consumers, some people aren't.

You get what you act on.

The problem comes when you know how bad the other promoters are as well, your left with no choice.

So i make the conscious decision to go to music i enjoy. If the people that run one promotion are trying to destroy another promotor, then so be it, as ive seen smaller promotors sabotage independent nights - just for badness and cos they could.

If the perfect promotor is out there, then make yourself known.

Edited by texas_pedro

when I heard of Glasgow Summer Sessions, it sounded like an event where there might be connect style acts announced.

But it seems the "Sessions" bit stands for getting pissed with neds in the park. Delightful, just what Scotland needed.

Going to Europe for my festival needs this year, what a difference in the cost, quality and type of music available, compared to whats available in Scotland.

I wish I lived in a Scotland where Phoenix could headline a festival - but nope, we have Rhianna and Mumford and Sons. Lovely stuff.

Yeah the last thing Glasgow needs is someone like eminem to play in a park close to the city centre, just an excuse for all the arseholes to come out and cause trouble.

Anybody know of any rumours as to which the other bands could be?

Yeah the last thing Glasgow needs is someone like eminem to play in a park close to the city centre, just an excuse for all the arseholes to come out and cause trouble.

This is worrying

Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult over 18. Under 5s are not permitted.

So wee bob can get in with big bob, that will make it fun.

Anybody know of any rumours as to which the other bands could be?

Kings of leon, Biffy or Muse maybe?

Kings of leon, Biffy or Muse maybe?

I reckon KOL are in with a shout.

With regards to Biffy, many people are putting them as likely to play T, so very unlikely they will play GSS aswell. It will be one or the other, the same with most of the big name acts.

If DF are hoping to make a success of this, I think they are going to find it difficult.

Let's face it, there is not that many big name touring acts that can sell out both events.. and with the usual rotation tactics used by DF , this detracts even more big name acts to play T in just the previous month.

All it's going to do is dilute the big names (and audience) across both events.

Edited by Paul ™

Probably a good chunk of the people on at Reading/Leeds.

Also what about a dance act from Creamfields? Depending on the capacity you could see Avicii (spoke about a Glasgow show a while back that came to nothing), Tiesto, Deadmau5?

Arctic Monkeys? Could be back with an album by then and gives them a chance to play Scotland since it's unlikely they'll do any of the festivals.

Or the way T is going, more likely V :P

True, wasn't sure if V was the same weekend as R&L but aye if it is it will be more in line with that shite. Example flogging 120,000 tickets in a joint appearance with the Pope and Azealia Banks subbing at every event.

Emeli Sande taking the tickets since she's fucking everywhere.

345ls1v.jpg

True, wasn't sure if V was the same weekend as R&L

V is the 17th/18th August

R&: is the 23/24/25th August

So depending on what dates DF have lined up for this, will get a good idea who is playing.. most likely it will span a bit of both as he mentioned around 10 days and 3-5 gigs this year.

The one redeeming factor I get from this is that it gives August a few big gigs that have been missing since Meadowbank stadium stopped being used for the fringe. I'd imagine it will be plugged like hell during this and they might even have citylink buses and the likes from Edinburgh to tap the tourist market.

The one redeeming factor I get from this is that it gives August a few big gigs that have been missing since Meadowbank stadium stopped being used for the fringe. I'd imagine it will be plugged like hell during this and they might even have citylink buses and the likes from Edinburgh to tap the tourist market.

There was buses on sale this morning in the pre-sale from all over Scotland and north of England

It's probably a good idea to tap into the acts who will be in the country for v fest and reading/Leeds but as Paul said it does sort of dilute the acts who could be at t in the park.

Anyone know what the capacity is going to be?

I think the capacity will be flexible depending on the ticket sales, not sure how many it is licensed for but should be able to find that out.

Hope it mirrors the quality of acts that could be seen at some of those Meadowbank shows.

Seen Radiohead there in 2006 and it was brilliant. Eminem's not my cup of tea but at least they've got someone that is undeniably one of the biggest acts in the world.

Hmmm... good to see some park space in Glasgow getting used for an event, but I'm not optimistic there'll be anyone worth seeing. KOL were the first band that occurred to me too

I'd still maintain there's a market for a medium-sized 'connoisseur' festival in central Scotland. Just needs someone with a plan and the resources to build one.

I read somewhere there is gonna be a variety of headliners: dance, pop and rock. Can't remember where i read it though.

I heard that too but we will see what the definition of those are in the other announcements. Could Queens of The Stone Age pull it off? With a good undercard don't know exactly who would play below them but i reckon they could do it fairly easy their last Glasgow gig sold out within a few hours if i remember correct.

Hope it mirrors the quality of acts that could be seen at some of those Meadowbank shows.

Seen Radiohead there in 2006 and it was brilliant. Eminem's not my cup of tea but at least they've got someone that is undeniably one of the biggest acts in the world.

Probably one of my favourite fringe weeks, Beck and Radiohead (that setlist!), then Muse a few days later, had some cracking gigs at meadowbank, Foos with Nine Inch Nails, Pixies, was a good place

if im right about the 70,000 capacity (which im certain i am)

then i doubt qotsa could sell it out.

what i wouldnt be surprised at is if qotsa played before the rock act thats TBA.

wouldnt be too surprised at snow patrol tbh.

I think it will be closer to around 20-30k, compared to other events its going to be a bit more closed off, fencing etc. QOTSA will be at Rockness or T imo

I think it will be closer to around 20-30k, compared to other events its going to be a bit more closed off, fencing etc. QOTSA will be at Rockness or T imo

I read 25k today, but i don't remember where, sorry. That seams low to me but could have been how many went on sale today.

Edited by theampersanddevil

No chance will it be 70,000.

More likely to be in the 25-40k range, depending on sales of course.

With the infrastructure being in place for the duration, it will be easy enough to reduce the arena size if need be or increase it too.

Tried looking on GCC website for the TPEL but not having any luck finding the right page.