Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Guest Brave Sir Robin

Some good news after yesterday's news that Sigur Ros (apparently) and Fleetwood Mac (definitely) won't be appearing: the Hare Krishnas will be there!

Apparently the management changes, and the objections of some vendors to the free food they give out had put it in doubt:

default_profile_1_normal.pngDavid Enter@david_enter

@TomHamnett @jowhiley Glasto organisers met with krishna organisers and they agreed to keep free food, krishna music and everything else!!

https://twitter.com/david_enter/status/294547357872316416

I'm very glad. Part of what makes the place special, and they do very good things for those who find themselves "worse for wear" - found a couple of my mates in their tent in '99...

spot on, I didnt realise their attendance was in doubt. It comes at no surprise to me to see the other food vendors complaining about the free food though, given that

1. most human beings are money grabbing shit bags

2. the vast sums food vendors have to pay for a spot at the festival.

I dont know anyone who has never had a free meal there.

Have at least one meal here every year - a tradition. The veg curry is probably the best one. Very glad to hear that they haven't been cleared out by the festival in its seeming rush to leave its old cultural ways behind . . . <_<
Edited by 5co77ie

Any madder that any other religion? They've always seemed harmless enough and I often leave them something for the food out of any remaining change left on Sunday. I like 'em cos they've been a part of Glasto for so long (or at least since I've been going), like Iona Camp, Leftfield, Cider Bus and so on. Would be sorry to think of them being made unwelcome by other traders.

Any madder that any other religion? They've always seemed harmless enough and I often leave them something for the food out of any remaining change left on Sunday. I like 'em cos they've been a part of Glasto for so long (or at least since I've been going), like Iona Camp, Leftfield, Cider Bus and so on. Would be sorry to think of them being made unwelcome by other traders.

Im glad the Krishna's are there! Their food saved my life - literally! I was starving the pangs of material existence before taking their delicious food!

Another thing I found really cool about them was their music, they said something that really hit home that it is a "transcendental vibration" normally you can listen to a particular song for maybe 50 maybe maximum 100 times but this song "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna" you can listen to for hours on end, and thats what I did do!

It is weird it has a different effect one you notice but you can't pinpoint it!

I read more about it on this Krishna website:

http://www.krishna.com/transcendental-vibration