The Vinyl Thread

The Nal

Pretty glad I didnt spend €90 on a decent copy of Relationship of Command before Christmas.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/01/28/at-the-drive-in-to-reissue-relationship-of-command-and-acrobatic-tenement/

Will be interesting to see which of these pressings turns out best.

On the VInyl to MP3 front, I have a USB turntable but what a ballache.

Did a lot of record shopping in America this year and all but one of the new releases I bough had a code to download the MP3's as well. Very useful.

Birmingham is blessed with the incredible Diskery. The back rooms and attic are cool places to be

Yup, always the best quality

Why the record companies haven't been screaming that from the rooftops is beyond me.

Was listening to Astral Weeks last night. First time I've heard it on vinyl. Wow.

Neil - Doesn't really matter if its standard 320 or not. Still sounds like utter shit in comparison. But a lot of companies offer HQ AAC. Sony leading the way on that.

Edited by The Nal

I bought that when it came out. I think it came with a t-shirt (or it might have been a promo thing)..

Vic Maile produced it, and had a hand in some of the best live recordings ever. Engineer on Live At Leeds... engineer for the 1970 Isle Of Wight mobile recordings, Motorhead, Eddie & The Hot Rods... oh and The Inmates. Also a tape op on early Who & Kinks recordings, so quite clearly learnt his chops with the best. Always got an amazing sound... studio recordings were pretty much live... lovely guy, great producer

Can't say I remember what the vinyl sounds like. I still have it, but haven't played it (the vinyl album)for a while

it's a great album...worth digging out for a listen