15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bless me father for I have sinned

Metronomy - Summer '08
Flying Lotus - You're Dead
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
The Cure - Standing On A Beach

fookin skint, pay day was only yesterday

You're Dead is ace on vinyl. Beefy.

Gone a hit mental since being home and with access to proper record shops and online stuff too.

Highlights: 

Robert wyatt -rock bottom

tom waits -franks wild years

john martyn -one world (been after this for ages)

pj harvey - to bring you my love

brian eno - the ship

pulp - this is hardcore

talk talk -spirit of eden

GD bootleg - out west (150+ on discogs, found it in a junk shop for 30)

and i've just had a Fela Kuti box set delivered. 7 albums chosen by Brian Eno. Mouthwatering.

thats me done for the summer. Living on bread and marge till September, but fuck it, eh? Least i've got plenty to listen to.

Picked up a copy of Pulp's This is Hardcore for £19 in Fopp yesterday. Couldn't believe it when I saw it there, those things are rarer than rocking horse shit. They reissued a very small number this year but they were all bought up by twats and put on eBay. Was delighted with that.

Have now completed the holy trinity of His n Hers, Different Class and This is Hardcore on vinyl.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Picked up a copy of Pulp's This is Hardcore for £19 in Fopp yesterday. Couldn't believe it when I saw it there, those things are rarer than rocking horse shit. They reissued a very small number this year but they were all bought up by twats and put on eBay. Was delighted with that.

Have now completed the holy trinity of His n Hers, Different Class and This is Hardcore on vinyl.

Yeah, i found a copy (there were several) in hmv last week for the same price. Marked as an hmv exclusive. Dunno if it's a new pressing or what.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Listening to it now. Had forgotten how perfect The Fear is.

Yeah, it had bern ages since i ladt heard it too. Of all the things they've done, there's lots i love, but nothing touches me quite as much as 'A little soul'. Hell of a song.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2016 at 9:44 PM, Tommy101 said:

The new pressing of Campfire Punkrock has made it straight onto my want list (I'm aware that Frank has changed his political views blah blah boring blah). I loved that EP but haven't listed to it in ages.

I ordered this directly from the label  - xtra mile on the 21st and it had an expected delivery date of the following Tuesday (26th). It took until this Tuesday (2nd) for me to ping them an email asking why it said it was still showing that it hadn't been dispatched. They replied and said that they were out of stock ... " I’m hoping they’ll arrive today (if not tomorrow) and I’ll get them mail out to you". No sign of the record or the delivery status changing. 

Do I have the right to be a bit annoyed about this, especially because they haven't notified their customers of the delay? I assume other people in my boat who may not have chased the order have heard completely nothing. Is this bad customer service or me getting my knickers in a twist over nothing, perhaps a product of the amazon prime shopping era that we live in. 

The lack of information or apology (and product) has really wound me up. 

On 7/8/2016 at 9:28 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Very very nearly sprung for Until The Quiet Comes as well. That'll be next pay day.

Pay day is back around, and Until The Quiet Comes has been bought! I finally got around to getting To Pimp A Butterfly on vinyl as well, that's spinning now. Pure brilliance, I don't think anybody can argue against the fact that it's going to be remembered in the generally accepted canon of all-time great albums, and deservedly so.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Had a bit of a splurge the last few weeks:

Rolling Stones - Aftermath (US version)
Al Green - Explores Your Mind
George Thorogood & The Destroyers - (eponymous)
Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
Brian Fallon - Painkillers (bought on the basis that it was produced by Butch Walker, who also plays guitar on it)
Anti-Flag - American Spring

Now trying not to look at Campfire Punkrock and Ben Miller Band's latest.

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Had a bit of a splurge the last few weeks:

Rolling Stones - Aftermath (US version)
Al Green - Explores Your Mind
George Thorogood & The Destroyers - (eponymous)
Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
Brian Fallon - Painkillers (bought on the basis that it was produced by Butch Walker, who also plays guitar on it)
Anti-Flag - American Spring

Now trying not to look at Campfire Punkrock and Ben Miller Band's latest.

I finally got my hands on Campfire Punkrock today. Can't wait to get home and give it a spin. I'll check out that Brian Fallon record too. I'm more of a fan of Gaslight than his solo stuff. '59 Sound is approaching the top of my vinyl shopping list actually....

I'm part of a vinyl raffle group on facebook and am on a bit of a winning spree, in the last month i've won:

Pearl Jam - Vs (European first press)

Sigur Ros - Takk (Ltd 2LP + single sided etched 10")

The Staves - Dead and born and grown

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell and

Bon Iver - For Emma

Also just bought both Avalanches records (Since I left you has been repressed for those that like me didn't didn't realise until a week or so ago!) and Floating Points - Kuiper. When they all get put on my shelves I'm going to need more space! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

big sale in HMV, just got :

Bowie - Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, The rise and fall of Ziggy

Sonic Youth - Goo

The Clash - The clash, Give em enough rope

Richard Ashcroft - These People

PJ Harvey - The hope demolition project

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

Rage against the Machine - Rage against the machine

Should have been £180 for them all, got them all for £120

There are a lot more on sale but I've already got a lot of them

On 9/27/2016 at 5:28 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

big sale in HMV, just got :

Bowie - Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, The rise and fall of Ziggy

Sonic Youth - Goo

The Clash - The clash, Give em enough rope

Richard Ashcroft - These People

PJ Harvey - The hope demolition project

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

Rage against the Machine - Rage against the machine

Should have been £180 for them all, got them all for £120

There are a lot more on sale but I've already got a lot of them

Hit up the HMV sale today myself. Walked out with Purple Rain by that purple chap and Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis (both stereo 180g pressings) for a tenner each, right chuffed with that. I'd looked at the website beforehand to see what was on sale, also had some Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Michael Jackson and John Coltrane in mind, but they didn't have any in.  I ummed and ahhed over the new Explosions In The Sky or Neil Young's On The Beach which were both £20, but that debate was very quickly put to bed when I got to the very last record in the shop I hadn't yet found; the Who Is William Oneyeabor compilation. I bought the CD when it came out the other year and absolutely love it, haven't given it a rest since, this is a 3LP set with an extra 3 tracks which aren't on the CD, and one of them is When The Going Is Smooth And Good, which was the indisputable highlight of The Atomic Bomb Band's fucking excellent live shows. So I swiped that badboy for £20!

I have to say that HMV's selection is really piss poor compared to Fopp, which I believe they own, and outside the sale the prices are generally higher in HMV. Don't know what's going on there. Had a flip through their Metal and Hip Hop sections which were particularly garbage, I flip through them in Fopp and want to clean them out of everything they've got. Only time I've been to HMV outside of sale time was last year when they were the last shop in town to have any copies left Joanna Newsom's Divers, only like 3 hours after doors had opened on release day. Some bafflingly good stuff has been in the sales before though. I picked up Joanna Newsom's Have One On Me 3LP box for about a tenner, only about a year after it came out. Suppose I should be thanking them because I might never have listened to one of my favourite artists if they hadn't made it such a fiscally attractive prospect there.

Prince on the turntable right now, sounding incredible. Listened to Kind Of Blue earlier, first time I've heard the record, wonderful stuff. Saving the best for last though, William Oneyeabor going on once Prince is done.