Who is the 3rd headliner likely to be?

Guest adele92

System won't sub Biffy. Or anyone outside of the Sabbaths and Metallicas of the world IMO.

Mumford might sub Biffy, they don't strike me as headliner material off the back of, as was put elsewhere on here, two albums of the same song. I don't doubt that they're incredibly popular, but they lack that headliner quality, hell, I couldn't name a single song, which is not something I've never been able to say about any past headliner.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been done to death on here many times so there's really no need for me to go through each and every reason when several people have.

As I said though, its been shown in recent times, it helps the performance if anything, so yeah, i can see the crowd being very good.

I think the arguement is as simple as System are roughly the size of an act that generally gets pushed upto headliner at R&L but as they have no new material and aren't freshly coming back from a reform there's no reason for them to be pushed up so it's very possible they could sub to someone like Sabbath or be a weak headliner ala My Chems or Cure who bring a fanbase with them who otherwise may not of gone to R&L.

I was going to say this. I don't see the arguement for SOAD as they are there where big enough for what R&L would give the bump if it was for the reunion hype still. Nope, they were never big enough to do it and still aren't, despite MB saying apparantly that if he booked them, they'd have to headline, that may even have been Slipknot, by then he can say that cause he didn't have them.

Biffy and Eminem have sold way more bigger places in the UK than System ever will and IMO they are a bit of a weak booking.

I don't think it'll bother Reading and Leeds to have SOAD turn down a sub slot, they'll just book someone people will actually care for moreso.

I think some people on this forum are vastly overestimating the popularity of SOAD among todays Reading and Leeds audience, your average 19 year old won't have heard any of their songs.