The Smashing Pumpkins

Guest Porcelina

I can't get over how good they were. I had reservations, but was hugely excited going in. Didn't disappoint at all, they were fucking insanely good. X.Y.U was brutal, I liked the setlist a lot. Was second row from barrier, and it was amazing. The crowd were far better than I thought they'd be too. Very happy. And I'm also loving United States, it sounds so much better live than on cd.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pumpkins nailed it. The crowd helped feed Billy's ego and he played back to them - awesome combination! Probably the best I've seen them!

I didnt get tickets for their current tour, what's those shows like?

The guy who came on was Uli Jon Roth from the scorpions (think someone may have already mentioned that).

Loved their set! Band of the weekend for me and have to agree they had the best crowd I seen the whole festival.

Definitely more (heavy) rock bands on the Other stage please!

Does anyone have their complete set list? A few of their newer tracks I need to get.

If I owned a camera I'd upload a picture of my Smashing Pumpkins wound. I brought 4 tins of cider with me for the day, as I was stood in the Other crowd for about 3 hours with no bins about I just crushed them underfoot and popped them into my inner jacket pockets, in all the dancing around one jagged can edge has punctured my jacket and t-shirt and lacerated the skin on the left side of my ribcage. It appears my t-shirt soaked up all the blood and stuck to the wound as it healed, which meant I didn't notice it until the very painful removal of the t-shirt yesterday afternoon (I packed everything Sunday morning and kipped in my camping chair that night). I did notice a bit of pain during the show, but soon forgot about it due to the fact that I was tanked up with drink, and the gig was awesome and I was laughing at a text from my dad saying he's seen me on TV "looked like you were having a fit watchin the bashing pumpkins".

Missed the first couple of songs,but heard them from my tent

Got down there for the end of Starz and weaved my way to the mixing desk, was fucking immense. I'm just a casual fan of the Pumpkins, but they really was bloody excellent! Crowd was fantastic all the way back for a change over the weekend! Shame they weren't last on in the dark, would have been a great way to end the weekend! Stunning! loved every bit of it I saw :D and yes we need more rock on the other for certain!

Yeah Billy is a bit of cock but after seeing that, I don't really give a shit :P

Also Space Oddity was my highlight, wasn't expecting it all and don#t think I've heard their cover before...again brilliance :D

Edited by LondonTom

yeah I was shocked about how much I enjoyed the Zeitgeist material. It's fucking good live. United States and Starz I really enjoyed. I guess Billy is just a better performer and songwriter than he is a producer.

Though I did keep noticing his belly popping out. They kepted zooming in on it on the screen too. But fuck it was good.

I watched it on the live stream and thought they smashed (pardon the pun) it! It's nice to see some of the casuals enjoyed it too. Definitely would have loved to be there in amongst the atmosphere, but I will be seeing them in a couple of weeks :D