Android app for eFestivals now available (FREE)

eFestivals

Is there a way to jump to certain pages of a thread, or even just to start/end as having to press next is very annoying if you have already read the first X pages...

if you're logged in on the forums then the forums remember which topics & posts you've read, and then only present the new posts to you when you enter a topic.

However, there might be an improvement within an updated version of the forums software, which i'll be upgrading in the next day or three.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eFestivals, I have downloaded the iPhone version, it's working fine as far as I can tell however I figure out how to post/reply to anything?! Any help appreciated :)

It's ok now, for some reason the reply button wasn't showing up first time around, had to sign in again once in the app!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I noticed while on site was that the app was definitely slower to respond compared to the website via a browser. To the point where often I didn't anything more than the first line of the app page opening, then it seemed to stop.

Seems odd, as I would have thought that app traffic would have been a lighter footprint.

Just in case anyone are interested.

One thing I noticed while on site was that the app was definitely slower to respond compared to the website via a browser. To the point where often I didn't anything more than the first line of the app page opening, then it seemed to stop.

Seems odd, as I would have thought that app traffic would have been a lighter footprint.

Just in case anyone are interested.

you sure that wasn't just a coincidence, as a result of busy net ttraffic when you tried the app?

Any difference in speed isn't down to the app or website in any meaningful way. A MUCH greater factor would be net speed at the exact moments you tried, and/or your device's capabilities.

That was the thing. I tried repeatedly to open the app and it would load the first line and then freeze. I then tried the browser and it would go straight in. Hadn't moved location, and this would be within the space of a minute.

I was a bit baffled to be honest.

That was the thing. I tried repeatedly to open the app and it would load the first line and then freeze. I then tried the browser and it would go straight in. Hadn't moved location, and this would be within the space of a minute.

I was a bit baffled to be honest.

I had the exact same thing happening on my phone just using a browser and trying to access websites other than this one. Sometimes the data-path via the phone signal was seemingly max-ed out. The next moment it worked OK.

There's nothing about the technicalities of the app which would make that not work when a normal web-browser would work. Essentially, there's no technical difference between the two.

Edited by eFestivals

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To work around what caused yesterday's issue, a new version of the app has been uploaded to Google Play, and it will be available for install shortly.

I had the white screen too. I thought it might have been interference from a cracked screen. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled yesterday, about 8pm, and all was ok. I'll wait for the upgrade notice to pop up for the new version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just my iPhone 5? The app is smaller on screen than the browser version, also get the same layout etc so no really difference or benefit to download the app. Also, advert won't let me scroll on either until I've watched it, is there a way to get rid of these by way of subscription etc?