Android app for eFestivals now available (FREE)

eFestivals

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the iphone app, there is a banner near the top saying "This iPhone App has been discontinued. Download the new iPhone app now". Then the following link

http://www.invisionpower.com/download/goiphone.php

Is this something we should do?

I'm very pissed off with them for doing that. They didn't sell me a branded app on the basis that they could hi-jack the users for themselves at a later date.

Invision are the makers of the forums software, so it's not a dodgy app - but it won't be branded efestivals and i'm not sure how well it might work for (specifically) just here (I don't have an iphone to test it with).

So it's up to you. If you don't think it needs changing, don't change. :)

Yep - rotates but kicks you out of chat (or other forum) and back to main news / articles page. Perhaps an issue with the forum mini skin not being able to poll for the orientation change.

As it won't rotate at all on my Nexus I can't reproduce it myself, but it does rotate for Scott on his HTC.

It shouldn't be anything to do with the forum skin, but something internal to the app. i'll see if I can suss it out, and if I can I'll of course update the app.

PS - feel free to give it 5 stars and great comments on Google Play. :P

I would but they insist on you having a Google+ profile now so can't vote.

Oh and tried to rotate on my Galaxy S2 and when in forums it kicks you back to the main page too.

Edited by Paul ™

For many, being able to use the larger touch key keyboard in landscape mode might be desirable when doing posts on a smartphone as opposed to a larger screen tablet. You could just restrict it to portrait whilst debugging I guess.
ahh, true - it would probably be my own choice if I had a touchscreen phone (I've got fat fingers).

Hmmm .... that's a git then, I suspect finding a better solution is going to be more difficult. I'll have a hunt around.

(I detest being an amateur again at programming, nearly everything for android is new to me :lol:)

Wow - that was an impressive turn around Neil - sometimes takes me ages to fix niggles like this at work for users - though that's cos they often winge first then find out they were doing it wrong or something <_< . Cheers.

I'm shocked that I've been able to easily fix the two issues that people have raised with it. :lol:

Android is all new to me, and java is as-good-as new to me ... so mostly I'm stumped when trying to do anything at all.

Let's hope I keep getting this lucky. :lol:

(don't count on it)

Jellybean 4.1.2 is about to start rolling out for the UK for Samsung and other devices no doubt soon after - might want to test the app with that build - I'll let you know here if it works OK after the upgrade if I get it over the weekend.
ermmm ..... some of us have been running 4.2 for a while. I'm actually running 4.21 on my Nexus. So I know it runs on v4 without any problems. :)

And why shouldn't it? It's not actually doing anything clever at all.

It's compatibility with earlier versions I'm unsure about. It won't run on my phone which has 2.2, which is why I rather randomly picked v3 and upwards for the app setting - but hopefully it's OK with v3, because as I say the app is not actually doing anything clever.