Neil Young & Crazy Horse?

Dark Star

UK/Ireland dates announced today:

June 10th - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

June 11th - Birmingham LG Arena

June 13th - Glasgow SECC

June 15th - Dublin RDS Arena

June 17th - London O2 Arena

It would be good, but too soon for Neil to return?

Any idea what sort of set list he plays with Crazy Horse? Is it similar to a solo show, or not?

He has been sticking mostly to the same songs most of this tour. Especially all the new ones. Occasionally mixing up the classics.

http://www.setlist.f...j-5bda1b78.html

Edit: He hasn't actually been mixing it up all that much

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Neil was my first Pyramid headliner back in 2009. I remember how fantastic it was and how I was thinking, "This is only Friday night".

I'm considering the Birmingham show, and would def see him at Glastonbury again. I don't think it will happen as it is too soon to headline, and he probably wouldn't settle for anything less.

I was exactly the same, didn't think it could get any better.... then we had Blur on the Sunday!

I still have debates in my head about which was better, I never reach a conclusion and I don't know why there has to be a winner. There just does and it annoys me. Why I can't just sit back, think about it and smile about how lucky I was that it happened and I was there to see it I'll never know.

I still have debates in my head about which was better, I never reach a conclusion and I don't know why there has to be a winner. There just does and it annoys me. Why I can't just sit back, think about it and smile about how lucky I was that it happened and I was there to see it I'll never know.

Both amazing performances, but I think Blur just edge it for me. They blew me away and I hadn't even been drinking on Sunday, over did it a tad on a few things on the Saturday night ;)

I was exactly the same, didn't think it could get any better.... then we had Blur on the Sunday!

Yeah, tough call on which was better. Being Canadian I tend to side with Neil Y. I was exhausted on Sunday night so watched from a ways back to enable occasional sit-downs. If they both played on Friday I wouldn't have been able to choose between them.

Pity about Bruce. Seen him before and Since and his Saturday night simply wasn't up to his standard. Still last time I saw Clarence Clemons so memorable.

Yeah, tough call on which was better. Being Canadian I tend to side with Neil Y. I was exhausted on Sunday night so watched from a ways back to enable occasional sit-downs. If they both played on Friday I wouldn't have been able to choose between them.

easy choice for me...I've loved Shakey's music for as long as I can remember. Blur, on the other hand, I cannot abide. Didnt watch them - would rather stick drawing pins in my temples

I'd love it to happen but maybe it is too soon. There is no way I could not watch but 09 was so special that I'm almost actually scared of seeing him again just in case it spoils it.

I felt same way. Not a huge huge Neil Young fan but the 2009 set was truly special. I'd seen him once before do a dour Farm Aid set, but friday at the pyramid was one of 3 truly great headline sets that year. I didn't really know if I needed a followup. But...2 weeks ago today, I was intrigued to see him w/ Crazy Horse and so went to see his Madison Square Garden show, with some upstart local female singer as support...Patti Smith and Her Band was what she called herself...A truly phenomenal show, both of them just brilliant. I consider myself 'done'...i'd only see him ever again at Glasto.

He has a whole other setlist of songs he could play that he didn't in 09.

Old Man, Cortez the Killer, Southern Man, Cowgirl in the Sand, Like a Hurricane, Walk On, Ohio, Harvest Moon, Pocahontas, Don't Let It Bring You Down, Tonights the Night, Winterlong, Revolution Blues, Out on the Weekend.

And endless amount!

Hope he doesn't play Motion Pictures though, as there will be grown men blubbering like orphaned walruses all over the place.

He has a whole other setlist of songs he could play that he didn't in 09.

Old Man, Cortez the Killer, Southern Man, Cowgirl in the Sand, Like a Hurricane, Walk On, Ohio, Harvest Moon, Pocahontas, Don't Let It Bring You Down, Tonights the Night, Winterlong, Revolution Blues, Out on the Weekend.

And endless amount!

Hope he doesn't play Motion Pictures though, as there will be grown men blubbering like orphaned walruses all over the place.

Like a Hurricane has me blubbing like a child

I've never seen him live before, in my book he'd be more than welcome, definitely one of the big ones I'm looking to tick off the "acts to see before I/they die" list.

All sorts of conflicting opinions on Efests but I don't think there was anyone who saw him in 09 and didn't think it was ace?

Queue a load of "I left and spent the rest of the gig fishing for spare change in the long drops" posts.

• Upvote 1