ZZ Top

Wooderson

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what I was thinking.

Can you get a dirtier rock sound than 'I gotsta get paid?'

Thats a newie right? Seem to recall it being pretty 'king good yeah.

My vote would go not even just to the riff, but the sung/spoken intro to "La Grange" by Gibbons.

"...they gotta lotta nice girlsssah!

Have mercy!"

- - -

Did a band ever look at each other in the studio and think 'We're MINTED!' faster than the day "Gimme All Your Lovin'" was recorded?

- - -

Wilco/Chic/ZZ Top makes this potentially the best Glasters line up ever for me.

Edited by Wooderson

it's the weekend before Glastonbury next time.... there's hope!

Nah. No way they're curating their own music festival and then flying over the Atlantic a few days later for a 60 minute show. They hang around after and do all the media follow up stuff too.

ZZ Top will ease the pain though!! But I don't think they'll play. They'll do Download or something if they do any festivals.

And it looks like Friday is the only option now as they're playing Germany on Sunday 30th June and the Monday and Tuesday too.

30.06.2013 Hamburg, Stadtpark

01.07.2013 Berlin, Zitadelle Spandau

02.07.2013 München, Tollwood Festival

I think I can hear the ball being dropped at Glasto HQ from here.....

Edit - Just read that back. What a depressing post. But accurate I believe. I'm off to eat some pizza and watch Looney Tunes to cheer myself up.

not true...tis the weekend before (perhaps scheduled purposefully)...i hope to be doing both

As much as I'd love that to be true I really doubt they'd move the date of their own festival, which has expanded for 2013, for an hour slot at 3pm somewhere at Glasto.

Edited by The Nal

I saw them at mor festival and I too felt they didn't interact well with crowd. Better on cd. Highlight was when they flew their eliminator Car over crowd. Pity they wernt in it.

Up for a bit of classic rock though. Gimme Blackfoot or the Classic quo line up any day

• 1 year later...