Hip-Hop

Sketchead

Jungle Brothers/A Tribe Called Quest/Mouse Outfit seem like they'd be shouts for a later announcement, probably the type of acts that might be missed out in a first poster. It might have been last year I saw A Tribe Called Quest on a poster for some fest though. Brain failing me at the tender age of 19.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd jizz if A Tribe Called Quest got announced... Was hoping to see Nas there too but I guess he has done it recently. As long as they announce 2 or 3 more reasonably good rap acts across the weekend then I will be very happy with the lineup!

2 or 3 acts would be just fine for me. But when they're all put on at the same time an absolute nightmare (see 2014 line up) :)

2 or 3 acts would be just fine for me. But when they're all put on at the same time an absolute nightmare (see 2014 line up) :)

God... I know. Deltron and De La Soul was a shame as I really wanted to see both. Beforehand I was leaning towards De La Soul so I thought I would go to the first few Deltron songs then to De La Soul when they start but ended up enjoying Deltron so much that I just stayed there for the whole thing!

Just trying to find all the hip hop acts this year

only ones that stand out are Kanye, Run The Jewels, Pharrell (kinda), Azealia Banks, Young Fathers

don't think I can see any others?

Flying Lotus, Kate Tempest and Sleaford Mods also as far as I can see.

God... I know. Deltron and De La Soul was a shame as I really wanted to see both. Beforehand I was leaning towards De La Soul so I thought I would go to the first few Deltron songs then to De La Soul when they start but ended up enjoying Deltron so much that I just stayed there for the whole thing!

Yep Deltron were a definite highlight last year! Saw De La Soul at another festival later in the summer and it was entirely the right choice.

Some great hip hop acts lining up already this time round but always space for more... Against all odds I'm still hoping for Kendrick (special guest for Flying Lotus surely :))

Edited by OBface

Yep Deltron were a definite highlight last year! Saw De La Soul at another festival later in the summer and it was entirely the right choice.

Some great hip hop acts lining up already this time round but always space for more... Against all odds I'm still hoping for Kendrick (special guest for Flying Lotus surely :))

Kendrick Lamar would be so good! Though apparently he has a gig in LA that weekend so I guess its pretty doubtful :(. I reckon Ghostface could be added at a later date.

Kendrick Lamar would be so good! Though apparently he has a gig in LA that weekend so I guess its pretty doubtful :(. I reckon Ghostface could be added at a later date.

I know I know. I just really thought I'd be seeing him this summer. This is all made entirely worse by the fact the new album is so so good.

Doomtree seem to be a decent shout to appear. They've got UK gigs leading up to Glastobury and then play European Festivals after it. Also, and not that you should necessarily read too much into it, but my friend posted to their FB page that they should play Glastonbury and they liked the comment. Not sure if that's just that they agree or if they are already booked. Either way, wouldn't be surprised to see them make an appearance.

Doomtree seem to be a decent shout to appear. They've got UK gigs leading up to Glastobury and then play European Festivals after it. Also, and not that you should necessarily read too much into it, but my friend posted to their FB page that they should play Glastonbury and they liked the comment. Not sure if that's just that they agree or if they are already booked. Either way, wouldn't be surprised to see them make an appearance.

Had never heard of Doomtree. Just gave them a listen... I like it! Hope you're right now.

Oh what? I've never listened to Doomtree, but absolutely LOVE P.O.S - That would be fantastic. Gonna give 'em a listen now

Had never heard of Doomtree. Just gave them a listen... I like it! Hope you're right now.

They're playing two dates in London on the Friday and Saturday, and then have a gap of one week before they start to play other dates and festivals in Europe. So a Sunday slot would certainly be do-able.