Hip-Hop

Sketchead

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fairly high profile one a few years ago as I recall. I'd like to see more, but the type of live show the West Coast guys do always translates very poorly to stage. Jay-Z works because he does full songs and has a live band. You can't get by with a star, a hype man and a DJ any more, unless you're Run DMC or something.

Just from memory (and it's a hazy one to say the least) over the years I've been going since 99....

People Under The Stairs

Dilated Peoples

De La Soul

Chali 2na with Breakestra

Roots Manuva

DJ Format

Dr Dooom (Kool Keith)

There will be more than this that I missed/forgot but generally...no, not a lot really.

Incredible. What do you think the reason could be for the limited supply of it at Glasto?

I wouldn't say Glastonbury is any more limited in supply than any big UK Festival, infact it probably offers the greatest variety of hip-hop, although possibly some of the acts you may not have heard of before.

I wouldn't say Glastonbury is any more limited in supply than any big UK Festival, infact it probably offers the greatest variety of hip-hop, although possibly some of the acts you may not have heard of before.

This is true, unlike other genres like metal or punk that other festivals cover in greater numbers Glasto probably still does more hip hop than others, even if it isn't a great deal.

They don't like getting mud on their trainers....according to BBC coverage when ever a mainstream act is around.

I think there's a fair bit of underground stuff? I imagine the South East corner has a share...and you got the hip hop karaoke up at the park (I think?) Think it's bit like when people say there's no heavy music...it's just not the big mainstream acts everyone has heard of.