Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

I went last week when the Manics were on and had an ace time, really enjoyed all the acts they had on that week. A mate who won tickets tickets invited me, I have never had any joy getting tickets having applied for many years. But now I have managed to bag tickets myself for 5th June so will be going again! Happy days

I didn't get Bjork at all this week, I use to love her slightly more 'mainstream' stuff from a few years back, but Tuesday's performance was just odd for odds sake in my opinion

11 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I didn't get Bjork at all this week, I use to love her slightly more 'mainstream' stuff from a few years back, but Tuesday's performance was just odd for odds sake in my opinion

Yeah....agree.

The first song especially sounded like some noise being made up as we went along. Shame really.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

She would be a very 'worthy' Park, JP or West Holts headliner. It would be ace

I thought her Park set a few years back was outstanding. I managed to get a plus one on my pit pass an eFest friend working the other side of the site just happened to contact me to go for a drink..... We squatted on the inside of the pit barrier steps sipping some fancy slush ice cocktails that I got from a passing Mr Bimble and fed our selves silly on her talent. 

Unsurprisingly great and incredibly cool performance by Goat Girl, I've not seen them in yonks good to see they're getting tighter as a unit. Should really get round to getting my tickets for the autumn tour.

Anyone else worth checking out from last night?

On 5/30/2018 at 11:42 AM, Alex DeLarge said:

Thought LUMP were quite good last week, can’t imagine a world where they’re not getting booked for Glastonbury.

If there was a festival this year, I imagine they would be playing!

They almost certainly won't be active in 2019 as I would imagine Marling will be onto her next album promo / touring etc by then

They have said that if you want to see them you need to basically see them now

Edited by Memory Man

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just watched that IDLES track on iPlayer. Let's be honest it sounded kind of dreadful, but at the same time it really doesn't matter.  That was just proper impressive to watch. Gutted I didn't get a ticket for Brighton.

Yeah it didn’t sound great, they’re actually a fairly tight live act though and aren’t always like that. They obviously wanted to show off a bit and fair play to them

Edited by Mouseboy11

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah it didn’t sound great, they’re actually a fairly tight live act though and aren’t always like that. They obviously wanted to show off a bit and fair play to them

TBH if you go to see a band like IDLES you're not really there for tight technical musicianship!

I would love a second camera for that just showing audience reactions :lol: