Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

On 17/09/2016 at 1:46 PM, swede said:

Can't excuse his smugness at all, he's really a horrible creature.

Between gloating that he's going to spend all his money before he dies so his kids don't inherit anything and his horrible vineyard tours, where visitors pay crazy amounts of money to press the grapes that go into his wine, the man really is a piece of shit 

Sting's ex-accountants helped him spend all his money before he died - they ripped him off. :lol:

And did you know, Sting owns a shitload of Indian restaurants? That's always amused me as it seems such an odd thing for a whitey-investor to buy into.

55 minutes ago, Waapster said:

Declan McKenna on tonight. We saw him at Glastonbury and Latitude and I think he's pretty good. Nice to see some younger talent on the way up.

Cant wait for tonight. The Mckenna's are family friends with one of Dec's older brothers being a best mate, have been going to see Dec perform since he was 14 so tonight feels like a landmark in his still very very early career. He's still not even 18 for christ sake and he's about to be on one of the biggest music shows in the country with bazza Gibb. - its mental.

Edited by mjsell

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Sting's ex-accountants helped him spend all his money before he died - they ripped him off. :lol:

And did you know, Sting owns a shitload of Indian restaurants? That's always amused me as it seems such an odd thing for a whitey-investor to buy into.

Didn't know that, its true that every day is a school day :D

13 hours ago, Waapster said:

Declan McKenna on tonight. We saw him at Glastonbury and Latitude and I think he's pretty good. Nice to see some younger talent on the way up.

Yeah I remember him winning Glasto unsigned in 2014, it was pretty obvious then he would go onto bigger things.  

Edited by addicted2noise

21 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Christ almighty Wiley was w*nk.

Yeah he wasn't great to be fair but maybe it sounds better on record, now grime is cool again I wonder if he'll have a career renaissance similar how Weller did during britpop.  

Edited by addicted2noise

29 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Like their debut album but I'm wary of how far they can take the sound. This album maybe a bit too much if its exactly the same.

I like their original Ep, saw them like 6 times and didn't really like the debut that much so was quite happy to leave them behind but I quite like the production Mike D is doing so I'll give the new one a go on Friday. If a Beastie Boy can't save them they've got no hope.

Thought Barry Gibb was rubbish, old man surrounded by talented but generic musicians, bored me. Really shown up by that declan kid and the other youngsters for me, exciting stuff (even if the music isn't completely to my taste) 

Really good show last night I thought. Eclectic to say the least. Have never been a fan of Slaves, cant fault their energy but its just not for me Clive. Gibb was as good as expected imo, never understand why people expect older acts to be able to sing as well as they used to. Really impressed with Lisa Hannigan, lovely voice. Norah Jones was a bit bland. And i'm not a fan of grime so couldnt tell you if Wiley was good or not (I assume not) - the guy with the top knot next to him was annoying though. And I'm obviosuly very biased towards Declan so wont comment on his quality/performance. Interested to hear peoples thoughts on him though.

Also, not that I'm his promotion team or anything but if you are in the London area and you want to celebrate getting your glastonbury coach tickets on Thursday, you can go see D Mac for a fiver. https://dice.fm/event/declan-mckenna-6th-oct-nambucca-london-tickets

I caught bit of it last night in parts, Wiley made my ears bleed as did Gibb - then again I can't stand the Beegees so I was never going to like him.

That lady with the acoustic guitar had a lovely voice but I found her rather boring personally.

Jools' show doesn't really cater to my tastes that much anymore although I did watch last week when Jack White was on it :)

gibb...retire old son you deserve it

DM..[ 17 years olds the vote kid ] ..gonna be one to watch if he can stay off drugs ....the young girls are gonna love him and the young blokes are gonna love his band lol

NJ not my cuppa tea ....AND there he [ JOOLSTWAT ] goes again another one to add to his book

Slaves...........trying to be the same as sleaford mods just more punk rock nice if they can come up with some more good stuff ......not heard there stuff

AND yakkkyakyakkingblarrblarblar.......at least he seems happy old gibbs old son must o been hard coming out doing this new stuff since his brothers have gone to that big gig in the sky.

ok im tired so hope this is worth it

LH sweet voice imo..a little bit of heather nova in there ..ill be checking this girl

Gibb....nope didnt like that 

what ever that was it WAS WRONG and SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT i fucking HATE that sort of shit ..no talent no music no nothing just WRONG

NJ naaaaa BUT there he is again tinkling away

DM.......wife just said he won the glasto comp .....fair play i missed that ...with out having to feel old id go watch them ...nice like it they will go far ..

balllrrrrrrrararararyakfuckingyak ......that bird [ lady sorry girls ] behind must be drinking shit strong vodka ..rewind it and watch her swig her drink lol.......hate grimme

LH...........great voice but being a moaning gig that i am i prefered he with backing music not accapella

slaves....love it...and i love the peace tshirt ...suits you sir ..im gonna be havin some of this

well its the NJ programe....cant really knock her voice can you ..its just ..ummmmm...aggggg twinkle away jools old boy

DM and slaves have it for me this week that grimme shit WAS WRONG and fair play old gibbs as NY says keep on rockin old son

I thought Declan McKenna was great and writes great songs for someone so young (something I think The Strypes never really managed), Wiley seemed to be trying a bit hard to jump on the Skepta bandwagon (although I liked his interview) and was impressed by how good Lisa Hannigan's voice sounds live (I really like her new album). Slaves are very good live but not sure if they have much longevity (don't really get the Sleaford Mods comparison who despite being older are a lot more original). 

Slaves. Contrived dull w*nk. I really really hate bands people pretend to like and I really really hate bands who are an 'act', pretending to be punk. ooooh look at us we haven't got a bassist cos like  bassists are fascist like giving into the man, yeah? Incredibly weak songs. The riffs are something you come up with when you are 12 shortly before w*nking over Susie Dent on Countdown. The former being far more regrettable. The lyrics are so bad as to be laughable. If you genuinely like this band then good luck, if you enjoy pretending you like this band then you are a c**t. 

They're very pleasant middle-class boys though so I'm sure their parents will help them out when this embarrassing episode in their lives is over. 

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 2